Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - 2016 J-45 Vintage

gfa

I recently bought my first Gibson, a 2016 J-45 Vintage. I'm loving it. Tone is dry & woody, but with some sparkle. Good balance, i.e., solid but not overpowering bass. Fit & finish seems good, although I may have the nut slots brought down just a bit. I think they nailed the vintage sound they were going for. It's a simple but beautiful guitar, with a dark burst. I spent the day playing a variety of Gibsons: SJ 12 fret special, H'bird, SW Deluxe, J-45 TV, and J-45 Standard. This is the one that spoke to me most, with the J-45 TV a close runner-up. Excellent shopping experience at Tall Toad Music in Petaluma. Lousy pictures of a beautiful guitar.

20160215_170721_zpsq7dnpu1x.jpg

20160215_170710_zpswewzouo7.jpg

20160215_170755_zps986m9wuc.jpg

20160215_170730_zpswhoog3ws.jpg

gfa - Nice guitar. I got one myself when they first ran and posted on it here. I am still happy with it today. Hope you have the same good fortune. The Vintage does have its own sound for certain. Enjoy, it sure looks good. Edit : I like the 80/20 strings on mine over p. bronze. - steve

gfa - Nice guitar. I got one myself when they first ran and posted on it here. I am still happy with it today. Hope you have the same good fortune. The Vintage does have its own sound for certain. Enjoy, it sure looks good. Edit : I like the 80/20 strings on mine over p. bronze. - steve

Thanks groper, I'm really enjoying it. Just looked up your NGD post and we had the same experience; I went to the shop to look at a different model, played a whole bunch of guitars, and chose this one.

Congratulations - bet the guitar is fabulous. You should allow us to hear it.

Looks good too - (so does the strap).

And yes, as fp say, has the heel changed shape for the rounder. .

I love that strap, thanks for noticing it. Found it at Etsy or someplace like that, from a place called moxieandoliver.com.

Archived