Gibson Brands Forums

Pictures of your main Amps

4Hayden

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since this is my only amp I "go to" it all the time.

MyGear004.jpg

Nice! I had the same amp and it was a workhorse from 79 through 94. Brings back tons of memory.

Hey wait a minute....I had a 4x10 one of these around the same time - the early to mid 80s...great amp, I often wish I still had it. It had a phaser and IMO was better than a Peavey Deuce. Good affordable stuff with excellent tone!

Hey wait a minute....I had a 4x10 one of these around the same time - the early to mid 80s...great amp, I often wish I still had it. It had a phaser and IMO was better than a Peavey Deuce. Good affordable stuff with excellent tone!

I had the Duece also. Traded it in on the Classic that had 2 Black Widow speakers if I remember correctly.

+1 !

I always REALLY liked the old Peaveys.

Heavy as all-get-out and with a sound to match!

That snap brings back all kinds of great memories. Even though I never owned one myself most of my jamming buddies in the late '70s/early '80s had one at some stage!

Thanks for posting!

[thumbup]

P.

Since this is my only amp I "go to" it all the time.

Used Peavey for a few years, couple Classics a year up until 1980 or so. Reasonably rugged and easily replaced in most towns on the east coast. And PA stuff, Spider Cabs anyone? Later on they went to the little aliens and it creeped me out and I haven't really even tried one since. Come to think of it, I haven't used a Peavey since 1989 or so, somewhere in there I was using a Mace for a while. Mace, I think. Yes, Mace. Deuce? Dang, now I don't know, and I don't have any pictures of that time I don't think.

Thanks for the picture, I hadn't thought of them in a while.

rct

These are all of my amps I use in my home.

Last May when I got my '61 SG Reissue I got at the same time the new Carvin V3M and 2x12 slant cab.

Very nice amp, and it is 7, 22, and 50 watts with EL84s and 12AX7s.

Soon after I got the little Fender Mustang 1 amp with an 8" speaker.

It is OK, but I do not use the built in effects, but the different modeling amp sounds are OK.

Playing it though is not like playing the Carvin which is all tubes.

Soon after I got a Carvin 4x12 slant cab as they had them on sale.

Both Carvin cabs have their 12" speakers, not the more expensive Celestion Vintage 30s which were an option.

I then saw a review of the little Orange Micro Terror at 20 watts and a mix of solid state and a 12AX7 in it.

I am running that through the Carvin 2x12 cab.

It is stupid loud, I can barely have it off of 1 as it will blow me away.

Lots of gain too.

For Christmas I picked up one of those Boss eBand JS-10 Guitar Trainers.

Built in effects, looping track to play along with, MP3 input and you can load MP3s onto a stick and load it, and then slow down the songs without changing the pitch.

Also has many different amp models.

It too is stupid loud for such a small thing.

Good video with Paul from Guitar World demoing it.

Then this last week I saw the thread here on the Blackstar HT-5R tube amp, and I like the reviews and YouTube clips I saw of it.

It just arrived Saturday the 20th, and I really like it.

I was going to run it through the Carvin 2x12, but I picked up an Orange 1x12 that comes with a Celestion 12" Vintage 30.

Played it quite a bit yesterday, and the cleans are nice, but the dirty channel really shines.

For 5 watts this is awfully loud, I have to have it way down.

But they designed it so even when it is down, you still get the nice tones out of it.

Going to hook up my pedal board to it later today.

The Orange cabinet is very beefy and big for a 12" speaker, and it does sound nice.

I did try the Orange Micro Terror through the Orange cab, and it sounded good.

Will be running the Carvin 2x12 now with the Orange Micro Terror.

Very nice little setup with the Micro amp.

I may end up giving this setup to my youngest son who I got a guitar for his birthday last September.

He too has the little Fender Mustang 1 amp, but the Orange blows it away in sound comparison.

And last but not least, there is the little Pignose to the far right.

Cool little amp, but not dirty enough sounding for me.

It is if you crank it all the way, but even the little Pignose cranked would have my neighbors beating down my door.

Hopefully my new PRS 408 MT lands soon.

Last week it was still in setup at the factory, they are running way behind schedule, as I was suppose to have it tomorrow.

I will have that in a new thread.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

These are all of my amps I use in my home.

Last May when I got my '61 SG Reissue I got at the same time the new Carvin V3M and 2x12 slant cab.

Very nice amp, and it is 7, 22, and 50 watts with EL84s and 12AX7s.

Soon after I got the little Fender Mustang 1 amp with an 8" speaker.

It is OK, but I do not use the built in effects, but the different modeling amp sounds are OK.

Playing it though is not like playing the Carvin which is all tubes.

Soon after I got a Carvin 4x12 slant cab as they had them on sale.

Both Carvin cabs have their 12" speakers, not the more expensive Celestion Vintage 30s which were an option.

I then saw a review of the little Orange Micro Terror at 20 watts and a mix of solid state and a 12AX7 in it.

I am running that through the Carvin 2x12 cab.

It is stupid loud, I can barely have it off of 1 as it will blow me away.

Lots of gain too.

For Christmas I picked up one of those Boss eBand JS-10 Guitar Trainers.

Built in effects, looping track to play along with, MP3 input and you can load MP3s onto a stick and load it, and then slow down the songs without changing the pitch.

Also has many different amp models.

It too is stupid loud for such a small thing.

Good video with Paul from Guitar World demoing it.

Then this last week I saw the thread here on the Blackstar HT-5R tube amp, and I like the reviews and YouTube clips I saw of it.

It just arrived Saturday the 20th, and I really like it.

I was going to run it through the Carvin 2x12, but I picked up an Orange 1x12 that comes with a Celestion 12" Vintage 30.

Played it quite a bit yesterday, and the cleans are nice, but the dirty channel really shines.

For 5 watts this is awfully loud, I have to have it way down.

But they designed it so even when it is down, you still get the nice tones out of it.

Going to hook up my pedal board to it later today.

The Orange cabinet is very beefy and big for a 12" speaker, and it does sound nice.

I did try the Orange Micro Terror through the Orange cab, and it sounded good.

Will be running the Carvin 2x12 now with the Orange Micro Terror.

Very nice little setup with the Micro amp.

I may end up giving this setup to my youngest son who I got a guitar for his birthday last September.

He too has the little Fender Mustang 1 amp, but the Orange blows it away in sound comparison.

And last but not least, there is the little Pignose to the far right.

Cool little amp, but not dirty enough sounding for me.

It is if you crank it all the way, but even the little Pignose cranked would have my neighbors beating down my door.

Hopefully my new PRS 408 MT lands soon.

Last week it was still in setup at the factory, they are running way behind schedule, as I was suppose to have it tomorrow.

I will have that in a new thread.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Sharp Amps & Guitars

Archived