Gibson Brands Forums

Marshall Blues Breaker - Part 1 - Unboxing - Is this the Heaviest amp ever made?

CoreyT

Hate to disappoint you but the actual amp weighs in around 80 pounds--can't imagine what's in the packaging!

I have one and I can get it up and down the stairs myself (albeit with some difficulty) despite being a 50-something woman.

Hate to disappoint you but the actual amp weighs in around 80 pounds--can't imagine what's in the packaging!

I have one and I can get it up and down the stairs myself (albeit with some difficulty) despite being a 50-something woman.

ok guys, no one messes with Marie!

[biggrin]

good tone in amps often has a few primary elements, and one of them is weight!

I have a gibby goldtone 2x12 combo, I swear it has it's own center of gravity, 90+lbs.

My old AIMS Dual Twelve runs around 90 pounds.

Ain't been outa the house in years. With the nice amp cover, it works well as an end table.

Tone? Yup. Volume? Yup. Really versatile regardless of music style and other stuff? Yup.

Ain't been outa the house in years.

m

Not a very impressive demo actually. They didn't really crank it up. I mean, there was no "bluesbreaker" tone coming out of the amp.

Yeah what he said. I didn't want to be the first to say it so thank you. These amps were designed to be cranked. [thumbup]

Not a very impressive demo actually. They didn't really crank it up. I mean, there was no "bluesbreaker" tone coming out of the amp.

I've gotta agree with you...it sounds best dimed with the tone rolled off a bit on a Les Paul. It great with my R7 and surprising good with my R4BB.

Makes it tough to play at home...I generally wait for the neighbors to go to work. [rolleyes]

I hope they didn't do it justice in the demo. Big deal about the packaging, and that it's heavy, and has a "presentation packet" with it, but no reverb? Guess maybe because they only get one and want to sell it they didn't want to crank it up, but it really didn't sound like anything special to me at the level they were playing it. Sure it is capable of more.

Archived