Gibson Brands Forums

46 Years Ago Today.......

MrNylon

Thanks for the reminder...I was living in Seattle at the time. I went out and bought it...played it over and over and just sat there amazed at what I heard. I was 21...fresh out of the service...just back from my second tour of VietNam. Life was good.

1370122843[/url]' post='1382719']

Thanks for the reminder...I was living in Seattle at the time. I went out and bought it...played it over and over and just sat there amazed at what I heard. I was 21...fresh out of the service...just back from my second tour of VietNam. Life was good.

Hey man, Thanks for your service! msp_thumbup.gif

I totally suck at searches, but I know that sometime in the past year I've seen the 25th anniversay special of the release of this album. Interviews with the then 3 living Beatles, George Martin, Brian Wilson and countless others. Not sure if it was internet, YouTube or whatever, but a great, and informative 90 minutes or so.

Those more adept than I at cruising the 'Net's info fields will probably find it.

Sgt. Pepper was yet another Beatles album that set the music world on its ear and once again changed the direction of rock music.It will always be hailed as being one of the most important and iconic records of all time.I still have my original Sgt. Pepper album with the original cutouts etc. that came with it still in the jacket and still in mint condition.I have only taken them out occasionally just to prove to doubters that I have them in perfect condition after all these years.

The Beatles had more influence and effect on the direction rock music took in the 60s than any other musicians and even to this day are still the benchmark against which the success and talent of other artists is compared.

Happy early b'day Rocket man you are two years older than my oldest daughter.

Thanks! It'll be my brother's birthday too. We're identical twins. He's a professor of aerospace engineering too, but he's one of those aircraft guys not a real engineer like me. Yep he's the Wolowitz to my Sheldon. We love to tease each other. Hope he reads this. [flapper]

BTW, I'm a huge Beatles fan. I played their records until the needle broke.

Thanks! It'll be my brother's birthday too. We're identical twins. He's a professor of aerospace engineering too, but he's one of those aircraft guys not a real engineer like me. Yep he's the Wolowitz to my Sheldon. We love to tease each other. Hope he reads this. [flapper]

BTW, I'm a huge Beatles fan. I played their records until the needle broke.

Happy B-Day, Rock.

Maybe your mother played the Beatles to you and your brother while you were still 'womb-bound'?

(that might explain why you dance like you do).

Happy early b'day Rocket man you are two years older than my oldest daughter.

Hey KB your daughter must be forty four this year. I'm glad I'm not the only old codger on this forum!

I was in London in the summer of 67 when Sargent Pepper came out, no better place to be, then and now.

It'd be two more years before I came along but I did catch the show the tribute band "Abbey Road Live" put on for the 40th anniversary of the album with a full ensemble and what a treat!

They played the album from beginning to end, good times.

It'd be two more years before I came along but I did catch the show the tribute band "Abbey Road Live" put on for the 40th anniversary of the album with a full ensemble and what a treat!

They played the album from beginning to end, good times.

Slight hijack on the Sgt. Pepper thread, but if you've never seen this, it's a treat. Link to side two on this link. Good stuff.

Now back to our regular scheduled programming.

Archived