Gibson Brands Forums

NGD ES-355

crust

Thanks. It came with a tortoise shell pick guard and the E thing, screws and hanger (along with a poster, instruction booklet, truss rod hex wrench and Epiphone sticker but no flimsy cord this time). But I didn't install the pick guard. I don't want to drill holes for the hanger, it looks too nice.

Where's my flimsy cord ? lol :-k

I would say it has highly polished finish, almost 3 dimensional as you can kind of "look" into the wood grain pattern. [thumbup]

that was the 1st thing I noticed, that the (very nice) woodgrain could be seen really well thru the finish.

SUPER nice !!

HNGD!

Do you find yourself sitting and staring at it like you would a campfire? Nothing like getting a new one. And that is one nice new one....

yes, like staring at my belly button actually... lol

Thanks for all the kind reply's. It took a while to acquire this particular instrument. I wonder when Epiphone announces a "new" model or re-release, how many orders on "backlog" do they have to have before they actually start the production run ?

Anyhow, I'm diggin' this thing. I might change the strings to super or ultra slinky as the ones on it are a little stiff. Maybe that is a good thing, and if the rubbery strings don't feel as good, I'll change back to stiffer strings.

Congrats, Crust ... she's a real beauty!

We got both this model and the ES-339 in at the store. Both play as good as they look. Of course, me being the "large economy size" guitar player that I am, I'm more attracted to the full-size ES-335 as well. I never would have thought that a transparent finish would work so well in Pelham Blue ... but man, DOES IT!

Great score, buddy!

Jim

Archived