Gibson Brands Forums

GAS is evil

RowdyMoon

uugghhhhhhhhhhh why does gas exist!!!!! Just when ya think your calm something comes along....thats it , cancelling the internet, gouging out my eyes and going to Q-tip my ears till they bleed and can't hear anymore!!!.... [cursing]

GAS just hit me recently when I least expected it. I had been toying with the idea that I might like a Godin 5th Ave Kingpin I saw in a store. But instead, I got sidetracked by a Joe Pass Epi and walked out of the store with an Ibanez AFJ91. GAS made me crazy. Got rid of a Strat to make room.

Relax man. Just buy the damn thing. B)

This what I do.

My ideal gear setup was 3 years ago...3 guitars ago, 2 humbcukers sets ago, 3 pedals ago, 2 amplifiers ago plus minor accesories.

But you know, NOW I have a the ideal setup.

As for me, I blame it on the songwriting part in me. Next to every instrument, amp and FX device I bought since just one of my songs called for it. By now I think I am done with it, at least within my own imagination. I just can't imagine to ever play synths and samplers via pitch to MIDI conversion, and so I believe I have come to something like a full stop now full stop (dot or .) ;)

I still get GAS like crazy but can control it (somewhat). When I GAS for something, I put it on a list of gear I want, prioritize everything, rearrange depending on what I want most at that time, and then just wait it out. Most of the time I loose interest in that guitar/amp/whatever over time and remove it from the list. There are eight things on my GAS list right now. Actually, make that six. I decided to buy two of them. [biggrin]

I have transcended GAS and now have A*A*S (antique acquisition syndrome). I have all the guitars I care to have and am beginning to sell them off to fund antique club chairs and mid-century lamps. Just found a mint 1955 Louis Kalff Z lamp on line yesterday . It's on its way from Belgium tomorrow. The GAS has been fun but, at least for me, it has come to an end.

IMG_8346_zpsbc54a627.jpg

EC1D_zps19eb5013.jpg

Guitars for sale:

2006 Original Jumbo 1900.00

1931 Martin 0-17 2400.00

Roy Smeck J. Browne Prototype- 2800.00

I have full blown GAS,I'm just a GAS junkie-just a few hours ago I planked down the money for guitar number 32-a 1968 Gibson B-25-12- that's on top of the pile of gear that I bought so far this year. There's no fighting it my obsession with guitars is so strong I may have to go to the Lita Ford Clinic.

Archived