Gibson Brands Forums

Stupid Ebay Post of the Day

kidblast

I also had to look twice, then I checked out his other sales, Hell, maybe this guy is smoking something.

More than stupid, but I have to believe there is some idiot who will buy it.

Can you imagine that much for a "Pick"?

I'm sitting here at work, having lunch, and actually the words came out of my mouth before I could engage the filter..

"Are you f-----g kidding me??"

thankfully it's a quiet day here, and the only person in ear shot had phones on.

Rabs nailed, it just takes one moron,

"A fool and his money..."...

I'm sitting here at work, having lunch, and actually the words came out of my mouth before I could engage the filter..

"Are you f-----g kidding me??"

thankfully it's a quiet day here, and the only person in ear shot had phones on.

Rabs nailed, it just takes one moron,

"A fool and his money..."...

Check this one then.. Look at the shipping cost #-o

http://www.ebay.com/itm/pickguard-vintage-GRETSCH-off-duo-jet-silver-firebied-les-paul-size-parts-guard-/261297644503?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3cd68da3d7

In all seriousness if you needed a pickguard for your '58 DuoJet, $135 is not a lot to spend. A replacement for a current model SJ-200 pick guard will cost twice that. The high shipping ensures their margin when taking "best offers".

In all seriousness if you needed a pickguard for your '58 DuoJet, $135 is not a lot to spend. A replacement for a current model SJ-200 pick guard will cost twice that. The high shipping ensures their margin when taking "best offers".

$11,500.00 worth?

$11,500.00 worth?

My E Bay says " $99 Buy It Now plus $36 for shipping" $11,500?

The pick is another story...I probably still have a few from the early-mid 70s when I ordered a gross (I think it came to about $15 with printing) of the Gibson heavy teardrops with my then band's name on one side and my initials on the other in gold leaf silk screen that almost immediately came off. I also know there were a lot of replicas of that pick around with "Les Paul" imprinted. I believe they were case candy with the '72 reissue of the '55 Les Paul Custom (the one with the AlNiCo V and the P-90) so I'm not certain verifying the authenticity would be an easy task...

Amateurs.

There was a guy, who sold the complete metal frame of the Budapest Western Railway Station building (designed by G. Eiffel) as metal garbage. The buyer only realised that He was cheated when the police arrived and started questioning Him about His intentions with the angle-grinder.

Cheers... Bence

Ever hear of Tony Zematis? If you owned one of his guitars in need of a control cavity plate you'd already have sent the guy his money.

Yes, we know who Tony Zemaitis (with two 'i's) is, thanks for asking.

In fact I used to see some of his instruments popping up for sale now and again in London's Denmark Street before he became so collectable.

His designs are still being made in Japan under the auspices of his son;

http://www.zemaitis-...om/our_guitars/

There is even a budget range called GZ which stands for Greco-Zemaitis;

http://www.zemaitis....s-gz-series.htm

The problem is the control cavity plate in the ad is not a 'real' one;

"Dave Of England -David Brewis-Zemaitis Replica Engraved Backplate..."

Jus' sayin'...

P.

Yes, we know who Tony Zemaitis (with two 'i's) is, thanks for asking.

In fact I used to see some of his instruments popping up for sale now and again in London's Denmark Street before he became so collectable.

His designs are still being made in Japan under the auspices of his son;

http://www.zemaitis-...om/our_guitars/

There is even a budget range called GZ which stands for Greco-Zemaitis;

http://www.zemaitis....s-gz-series.htm

The problem is the control cavity plate in the ad is not a 'real' one;

"Dave Of England -David Brewis-Zemaitis Replica Engraved Backplate..."

Jus' sayin'...

Yes...with two "i" s...I'm aware that they're (or rather an authorized facsimile of them are) being made in Japan ...and I'm aware that it's a reproduction for a reproduction cavity plate (I'll bet were it original you'd pay a great deal more.). Thanx for correcting my typo.

Happy to help.

And I agree about the poosible price of original bits. One worry about buying repro parts would be the very nature of his creations.

Rumour has it that no two were made the same as a deliberate matter of his ethos/policy. So would the cavity-covers all be made to the same size and shape?..........:-k

Before he died his guitars were expensive but just about affordable. These days things have changed!

The last one I saw (about 9 months ago) was in the region of $40,000. I don't know whether it was a 'celebrity-owned' example but even so, it seemed a tad pricey.

P.

Before he died his guitars were expensive but just about affordable. These days things have changed!

The last one I saw (about 9 months ago) was in the region of $40,000. I don't know whether it was a 'celebrity-owned' example but even so, it seemed a tad pricey.

They are even more pricey after you play one. All of them aren't worth 40k, no matter what Ron Wood slurs.

rct

Archived