Gibson Brands Forums

Last Song You Learned

Californiaman

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Cman! Tom Schultz did a really amazing thing way back then.

Can't resist..It's been such a long time..

That was a nice job. First, I'll admit I couldn't do Boston today if I had to, I'd prolly need a week per song to get them back. But MAN, it was a super treat to play those songs back then. I would hit the Marlbl and pull on the gin and lean on the Leslie while Jack started the Foreplay, People.Went.Nutz. Powerful stuff when you are a young man, I will always be able to feel those nights and what that was like. THAT was why I played the guitar.

rct

Didn't one of the members of Boston die awhile back?

Erik

Yes The lead singer Brad Delp committed suicide in 2007... Great loss, was very close to a good friend of mine... Everyone has their demons unfortunately he let his get the best of him...

That was a nice job. First, I'll admit I couldn't do Boston today if I had to, I'd prolly need a week per song to get them back. But MAN, it was a super treat to play those songs back then. I would hit the Marlbl and pull on the gin and lean on the Leslie while Jack started the Foreplay, People.Went.Nutz. Powerful stuff when you are a young man, I will always be able to feel those nights and what that was like. THAT was why I played the guitar.

rct

good times man.... gooooooooooooooooooood times...

Yes The lead singer Brad Delp committed suicide in 2007... Great loss, was very close to a good friend of mine... Everyone has their demons unfortunately he let his get the best of him...

And yet he will be on the new album. That's the upside of putting out a record only every 10 years.

What's a hipster?

I think I need to see what a hipster is. Cause if I'm turning into one it might not be a good thing. If I'm already one then it might or might not be a good thing.

I may be confused. Today I'm wearing cowboy boots, a tan pair of kakies, a fender trademark shirt with a canvas shirt over it. I thought I was kind of honkytonk cool looking oakie, but who knows... maybe I'm hipster.

• 3 weeks later...

You Bugger, Farns!

After that session last night I've had this thing running through my head all bl**dy morning and there was nothing for it but to sit down and learn it properly;

As you say, not that hard at all; but trying to remember that the first and second parts had a different set of bar-drone-pairings etc. when compared to the third was taxing for my poor brain to remember...

Still, at least the ghost should now be able to rest easy.

P.

Guest Farnsbarns

You Bugger, Farns!

After that session last night I've had this thing running through my head all bl**dy morning and there was nothing for it but to sit down and learn it properly;

As you say, not that hard at all; but trying to remember that the first and second parts had a different set of bar-drone-pairings etc. when compared to the third was taxing for my poor brain to remember...

Still, at least the ghost should now be able to rest easy.

P.

It is possibly the most addictive collection of riffs and melodic lines ever. Fun and very satisfying though.

Bence :)

You love your Gary Moore man.

That's great stuff :)

Hello Donny!

I surely do! He plays from my heart. His every tone tells a story that sounds familiar to me.

He is missed.

Cheers... Bence

Archived