Gibson Brands Forums

2 years with my 2012 J45

The dman

and I couldn't imagine being without it. Talk about the perfect guitar for my singer songwriter style. The J45 has changed the way I play and is much more richer, deeper and dynamic in sound than my previous acoustics and a hell of a lot better to look at too. I notice people on the web like bashing Gibson but funny how I see so many artists playing them.

Β 

If your on the fence find a good Gibson in your preferred flavor don't let her go and play her with all your heart [thumbup]

Get as many Gibson's as you can afford and enjoy them all ...different plays on different days ,,,,,,....😍😍🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸🎢🎢🎢

id love one but not everyone can aford over 2 grand. im not saying you payed that price maybe you struck lucky and got it cheep.but they are an expensive guitar. i do think theres a a touch of snobery when it comes buying good gear im not calling you a snob im just saying some people wont look at a instrumental unless its made by a surten brand . .i do agree with you though the j45 has a briliant tone i know ive tried one but

Can you describe how sound has developed - if so. .

Β 

That's a tough one because the guitar sounded good new so I don't know if the guitar has changed or my playing and ear has changed to the guitar but I'd say it has a little more top end.

Β 

id love one but not everyone can aford over 2 grand. im not saying you payed that price maybe you struck lucky and got it cheep.but they are an expensive guitar. i do think theres a a touch of snobery when it comes buying good gear im not calling you a snob im just saying some people wont look at a instrumental unless its made by a surten brand . .i do agree with you though the j45 has a briliant tone i know ive tried one but

Β 

Β 

No snobbery here.... I don't have a bunch of high end guitars, the J45 is my most expensive guitar and I have no regrets paying what I paid for it. I even paid a little more because I'm a lefty and I had no room to bargain. I love other guitars too but Gibson acoustics have a certain sound that I've always liked and after living with mine a couple of years it fits me like a glove. I love the feel of the neck too

I've never come across ANY snobbery on these boards. If anything, I've seen board members go out of their way to educate new members on the best ways to get a fair deal, the pros and cons of new vs. used, which models can get you closer to what you want.

Β 

Most members on this board were once unable to afford great guitars -- and just about everyone here has a story about a much cheaper guitar giving them years of fun. I remember feeling nervous the first time I plunked down over a grand on a guitar.

Β 

Now, I'm lucky enough to spend my discretionary income on guitars that are far better sounding than I am a player. Friends come over and they're welcome to play any guitar they want. (Well, I have one friend who shouldn't be allowed near anything not made of US Steel, but that's another story.)

Β 

Enjoy going into a music store and trying out ALL the guitars and see what you like. If what you love is out of your range, figure out how much. Sometimes a little saving and some guitar-hunting can lead to a deal happy for all.

Β 

Like the OP, who I'd like to congratulate on finding a guitar you love so much!

Β 

For anyone looking for a J-45, there are used models to be had for anywhere between 1300-2000 and some of them are well worth it and will last a lifetime!

That's a tough one because the guitar sounded good new so I don't know if the guitar has changed or my playing and ear has changed to the guitar but I'd say it has a little more top end. as i said mate i wasnt calling you a snob

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

No snobbery here.... I don't have a bunch of high end guitars, the J45 is my most expensive guitar and I have no regrets paying what I paid for it. I even paid a little more because I'm a lefty and I had no room to bargain. I love other guitars too but Gibson acoustics have a certain sound that I've always liked and after living with mine a couple of years it fits me like a glove. I love the feel of the neck too

Β 

Richie, you should look at other respected brands until such time as you can afford a Gibson. Maybe, after playing an inexpensive Taylor or Martin - you won't look back. Some here are currently getting Guilds, since that company is going through hard times. Masterbuilt Epiphones are also a good quality guitar. As Smurfbird said - many of us here grew up playing less expensive guitars. Most of us only have one or two expensive guitars. Some of us have scraped and saved. So. please don't misunderstand the pleasure and pride some have when they are finally able to realize a dream - as something negative like snobbery. Snobbery is sort of a personality trait, and people afflicted will find more than Gibsons to feed the monster: Expensive cars, watches, purses, etc. Try looking at Guitar Center's website of used acoustics - you'll always find at least one relatively inexpensive J45 there. And, after you get it - if you don't like it, or have buyers remorse - you can bring it to the nearest store and get a refund. G' Luck.

Β 

Minor correction - I see from your 'new pickguard' post you already have an Epiphone John Lennon model. So, obviously you are on the right track.

i ment no disrespect to anyone on here i was not calling anyone a snob in general just trying to point out that some people dont believe in trying cheeper brand modals id give anything to have the cash to walk in to my local music store and treat my self to a gibson j45 i was playing one last week and there brilliant . but not everyone can aford all most 2 grand or more i wish i could .i honestly . was not calling anyone on this forum a snob if it seemed that way i apologise . i was jyst trying to explain that some people who have plenty of dosh will buy all the best gear and will not give some people the time of day who owns a cheeper brand. some not all .anyway sorry if i affended anyone

i ment no disrespect to anyone on here i was not calling anyone a snob in general just trying to point out that some people dont believe in trying cheeper brand modals

Β 

I actually agree. Folks at times do pre-determine that they have to have this or that guitar with a certain moniker on the headstock and that the price tag does determine quality. I bought my first Martin because I thought it was the guitar I had to have. Maybe I felt it would give me legitimacy as a real guitar player. Not being able to afford a new one I bought the first used one I ran across. Never even looked at any other brand of guitar. A whole different ballgame when I bought my first Gibson. I was not even looking for a guitar when I stumbled across it. I knew nothing about Gibsons when I spotted that L-00 in the corner of a local music store. I used to go into the store about once a month and play everything and anything they had laying around in all price ranges. Always walked out empty handed. But when I played that Gibson I knew I had to have it.

i ment no disrespect to anyone on here i was not calling anyone a snob in general just trying to point out that some people dont believe in trying cheeper brand modals id give anything to have the cash to walk in to my local music store and treat my self to a gibson j45 i was playing one last week and there brilliant . but not everyone can aford all most 2 grand or more i wish i could .i honestly . was not calling anyone on this forum a snob if it seemed that way i apologise . i was jyst trying to explain that some people who have plenty of dosh will buy all the best gear and will not give some people the time of day who owns a cheeper brand. some not all .anyway sorry if i affended anyone

Β 

Richie, I agree with you totally, there is no need to apologize for anything. You did nothing wrong. The day you can not speak freely in here with out being condemned, is the day this forum should be shut down. Sometimes I think that day is near. ...Been where you are many times. Make no apologies. This is still America.

I never took anything as being snobbish, in fact I had to re-read the thread to see where that came from.

Β 

I agree with zombywoof, I was in the market for a better guitar than my FG700. Did some online research and went to test drive a Martin, Taylor and Gibson. Played the Taylor, but never got to the Martin. The Gibson just happened to be "the one".

Richie, I agree with you totally, there is no need to apologize for anything. You did nothing wrong. The day you can not speak freely in here with out being condemned, is the day this forum should be shut down. Sometimes I think that day is near. ...Been where you are many times. Make no apologies. This is still America.

Β 

is not America

i cant help feeling im gonna regret the word snobery i think some are taking my coment all wrong

Β 

It's all good and I never thought that what you meant but I know the type your talking about and I was just pointing out that most definitely is not me

My J45 will be 4-years-old in July. I don't know how much it better sounds today than the day I got it. I thought it sounded pretty-darn-good when they first took it out of the box for me at GC. I suspect it's opened-up some since then and likely sounds more mellow and warm, but I sincerely don't know if I hear the difference between then and now, and in even more sincerity, I don't know if it matters to me because this guitar has sounded great to me since the day I got it. I play it a lot at gigs. Had numerous compliments on it. And this guitar is so very easy to play. The playability is what calls me back again and again, while the sound is gravy..........Maybe I'm a bit of a snob in some ways. Not directly "in your face" snobbery. That's for immature and rude people. But kind of in a humorous and teasing way. Anytime someone tells me that I have a cool guitar, I often tell them "thanks," but that they don't know how cool it really is. Nothing wrong with having a cool guitar. Nothing like a Gibson as something to hide behind while you are trying to project who you are. All of my Gibsons fall in to this cataqory.

1402157206[/url]' post='1528212']

Β 

GL, I agree. You can't fix stupid, only excuse it based on the First Amendment.

Β 

Ritchie, more power to you, being from the UK and jonesing for a J45. Makes my suggestion you cruise the Guitar Center website a little lame. The problem is, Gibson just doesn't produce as many guitars as they could sell. You obviously need to be a lot more creative than we do over here. Best of Luck. Never give up . Oh, wait. That was Winston Churchill! So, you know already what to do!

Ritchie, more power to you, being from the UK and jonesing for a J45. Makes my suggestion you cruise the Guitar Center website a little lame. The problem is, Gibson just doesn't produce as many guitars as they could sell. You obviously need to be a lot more creative than we do over here. Best of Luck. Never give up . Oh, wait. That was Winston Churchill! So, you know already what to do!

haha ok mate .id love to come to the usa and my biggest dream would be to visit graceland elvis and sun studios .

Archived