Gibson Brands Forums

the "good old days" timeline

?????What????? Don't just leave that one hangin...what sex offender?

Nevermind' date=' you're referring to C***lock?[/quote']

no i wasnt talking about capslock.

there was a very creepy guy on this forum for a while who was a complete *** and cyberbully. evidently, he was so nasty that gibson ip banned him and then sent warnings to his ISP about him making threats and whatnot.

the guy did have some cool axes, but he was a ****** to the Nth degree. another forum member found him posting on another non-guitar forum about how the police editted/forged the dashboard cam footage of his arrest.

such an assclown.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Censorship even when used with good intentions always degrades into protectionism for the elite or ruling class.

There's always Usenet for that. Try alt.guitar I still read it every day (well' date=' some of it) but rarely post anymore. There's great info to be found, but you have to wade through a lot of crap to find it.

It is a corporate site...you have no rights. And Gibson has a right to "protect" its brand and image. Removing posts that abuse Gibson's very hands-off approach to this forum is not a bad thing.

+1

That's the incentive to always be in the ruling class...

You never let me down KSG.

BTW.. how's J.Allen's book? If it's any good I'll buy your used copy. I'd buy a new one from him, but he never responded to my post last week about weather he'd sign a copy for me.

Cuda was actually kind of funny... (kind of)

His comments were so nasty and dirty at times you couldnt tell if he was just kidding or for real... most of the time it was for real tho...

He didnt go along with Neo but he got along with AXE just fine...

Damn crazy old dirty greek ;)

Cuda was actually kind of funny... (kind of)

His comments were so nasty and dirty at times you couldnt tell if he was just kidding or for real... most of the time it was for real tho...

He didnt go along with Neo but he got along with AXE just fine...

Damn crazy old dirty greek ;)

he was just a jerk. no question about it.

I used to have a friend, who was on a spiritual plane (don't know which kind); he would say, "hfdoll, the problem with you is you have one leg in the past; the other in the future, and you're pissing on TODAY! That is all we got!" So I I try to live just for today (which is hard, because I like "them good ol' days").

The god ol' days I think he's referring to was about a year ago when everybody was starting to join and this place was real tight knit, remember thought its come a long way. There was like a topic a week it seemed like plus we didn't have a lounge.

the guy did have some cool axes' date=' but he was a ****** to the Nth degree.[/quote']

I thought they sucked, actually. A lot of cheap crap. I remember he has one thread where he said he a $100 Chinese piece of crap sounded better to his ears than his $1,000 Studio BFG. What does that tell you?...

With the amount of money I've blown on high quality guitars, I could have bought a million Chinese guitars, too...but what's the point? My R9 cost me $5,200 after tax. Heck, that's 52 Chinese pieces of crap right there!!

I thought they sucked' date=' actually. A lot of cheap crap. I remember he has one thread where he said he a $100 Chinese piece of crap sounded better to his ears than his $1,000 Studio BFG. What does that tell you?...

With the amount of money I've blown on high quality guitars, I could have bought a million Chinese guitars, too...but what's the point? My R9 cost me $5,200 after tax. Heck, that's 52 Chinese pieces of crap right there!![/quote']

lol i was trying to soften the blow. which ironically, is probably what he's doing at this very moment.

I remember he has one thread where he said he a $100 Chinese piece of crap sounded better to his ears than his $1' date='000 Studio BFG. What does that tell you?[/quote']

It tells me that he liked to drink. [-o< Some of his late night posts were classic.

Now you got me started. "The Good Old Days" Started when I remember watching TV for the first time on a TV that was the size of a Jute box and the screen was 6". Penny Candy was still a penny, Mcdonalds hambergers were real meat and a dime. When candy bars like butterfingers looked like a ruler (12") and cost a nickel .When you got in a fight it was one on one. Fistacuff, NO Guns or Knifes. New bands on every corner. High schools still had Battle of the bands. I could fill my car up with gas for $3.00. No cell phones,or computers, or video games. The most tech. thing I had was my amp. If i wanted distortion I had a small VoX distortion box that plugged into my guitar. My VoX wha wha peddle with Surf. Girls still wore mini skirts with GO GO boots. having a good time cost allmost nothing. Parents didn't know much about anything that was going on. Most cops were cool where I was living at the time. No AIDS. The times were simple, didn't cost much, and were fun. "The Good Old Days". Cha =D>/

...Mcdonalds hambergers were real meat and a dime...

Wow!

Someone even older than me!

My earliest Mcdonalds recollection was when they were 15 cents and were basically small oatmeal cookies pulled out of a bucket of grease.

You claim they were actually meat at one time?

All I remember was when their sign said "Over One Billion Served," and Johnny Carson said, "That's almost 50 pounds of meat!"

OK maybe they weren"t meat. I really hung around the A&W rootbeer stands...

Yeah I always thought A&W burgers were better. But even they just pulled a paintbrush out of a grease bucket and "painted" a hamburger onto the bun!

But I also DO remember those B&W TV's that looked like ocsilloscopes!

Throughout 2007, there was a guy who frequently posted regarding his new SGs (he purchased several of the 2007 "Guitar of the Week" SGs). Nothing unusual about the topics of his posts, but what I really remember is that his posts were always off . . . like he was medicated. He frequently made mention of some type of lawsuit and how his attorney was going to get him "more" money. On occasion, he would come off as though he believed he was entitled to something from Gibson because of his multiple SG purchases.

Axe, RichCI, and/or anybody else on the board at the time (perhaps Scozz is reading this post), does any of this ring a bell?

i was here when it would take a week to get a response, when L5larry was the top poster, before thundergod was a bad-@$$, when AXE was just a smart-@$$, when deepblue had an orange-before he had a leslie, when dave in spain still played with sustain, before tim was a custom shop snob, before surfpup had a tiny terror, before nikko or oilpit where our representatives from the great stoned northwest.............

point is, this place has always been awesome, but it doesent seem as awesome as it used to be

#-o

Archived