Gibson Brands Forums

Western movies, buckaroo!

Guitar slinger

So, I've always been sucker for western movies for as long as I can recall. I loved Kung Fu (David Carradine), Zorro, and many many movies that I can't recall the names, as I was really really young.

It was always fascinating to me. We have our own kind of Buckaroos, Cowboys and stuff around here in Brazil and I'm sure any of you western fans or not would be thrilled. But almost nothing worth watching, really.

It's been quite a while since I started to rent movies again and there are two of them that I saw recently really worth mentioning:

3:10 To Yuma

310_yuma.jpg

Russel crowe, Christian Bale, Logan Lerman, Ben Foster and Peter Fonda are doing an amazing job here. This movie ROCKS. Trust me. Can't get better.

Broken Trail

Broken_Trail_(2006).jpg

This movie is AMAZING. Robert Duvall and Thomas Haden Church are as unbelievable as Russel Crowe and Christia Bale here. And Chris Mulkey is as good as a vilain as Crowe is, but in a completely different style, more matched by Ben Foster's lunatic character.

Both rented on Blu-ray for the maximum thrilling experience.

So, come one, guys! Help me have a good time on my vacations and tell me what good western movies you guys got under your sleeve, aight?

Archived