Gibson Brands Forums

Jimmy Page Stamped Book

Triad

While browsing a popular auction site I noticed a number of these stamped Jimmy Page books. Page stamped only a total of 200 copies each in California & New York. Prices for these stamped copies range from $100.00-$700.00 on that site. Page states that the stamping is unique as opposed to signing copies. The book looks great and has a lot of positive reviews and I will get one but it will be a non stamped copy from B&N for around $40.00. Whats your take on this.

post-71737-008714700 1431434594_thumb.jpg

This is a Genesis Publications book.

http://www.genesis-publications.com/

Based in Guildford, Surrey, UK and founded by a true gentleman named Brian Roylance, they specialize in stamped/signed/autographed limited editions.

That's what they do and they have created their own niche market for it.

George Harrison's book was about £500 and the Dylan one is £1900. It's very difficult to predict which of the books they produce will appreciate in value and by how much.

They are (obviously for that money) very high quality, well printed etc - I would point out in light of Armadillo's comments that an enormous number of 'luxury' books are now printed in China.

Usually they produce an 'ordinary' cheaper edition of each book as well and less time and care would have been taken in producing those.

I lived in Guildford during the 1980s and taught guitar to the son of the founder. I think he now runs the business.

As you can all imagine, I am of course waiting for him to contact me and suggest a limited-edition gold-leaf holographed autographed super-duper once-only volume about my truly incredible famous life and career...[biggrin][flapper] [flapper]

As you can all imagine, I am of course waiting for him to contact me and suggest a limited-edition gold-leaf holographed autographed super-duper once-only volume about my truly incredible famous life and career...[biggrin][flapper] [flapper]

I'll get in touch with the Bromley Libraries 'Requests' department forthwith!

[thumbup]

P.

Jimmy was stamping a total of 200 books out here at the Barnes & Noble at The Grove, a few months the ago.

I was going to try to get down there, but I heard the line was already over 200 people long waaaaaay before I would have ever been able to get down there. So, that was that.

Sucks that profiteers obviously were among those who got them, while real fans like myself were out of luck.

• 6 years later...

Since someone else rose this old thread ... Stamping instead of signing??  Is it just me, or is that such a "only Jimmy Page ..." thing to do?  This thread was about his 2015 "Jimmy Page by Jimmy Page" book, but, evidently, he had a new book out late last year "Anthology by Jimmy Page".  For that recent "Anthology" book, there was a limited edition of 2500 that he did sign (which currently go for $1500).  For this most recent "Anthology" book, I guess he could not do more conventional book signings/stampings due to COVID. 

2015 - Page with the stamp:

Bzlx0kwCQAA3H2s.jpg  

I never got this whole "Idol" thing and people wanting stuff that was touched by someone famous.  I am a big Page fan, but I wouldn't pay extra for an autographed or stamped copy of his book.  Same goes with hand signed or numbered guitars, paintings etc.  I guess it's marketing at it's best - creating value where there is none.