Gibson Brands Forums

She's only 15 and she knows how to boogie!

jaxson50

When I see these kids (that's what the are) I wonder why a guitar maker doesn't help them. That Les Paul must be heavy, so why doesn't Gibson or similar have a programme that helps young talent by making a shorter scale and lighter guitar for them? When I see that someone like Santana has played with her, why hasn't he given her some gear? A boogie and a PRS? he must have a warehouse full of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugi7kiDQPvs

This is who I like. Kingfish. He actually gets out there and doesn't sit in a bedroom. He's got presence and good style. Great vibrato and digs in. Doesn't play like a pu**y.

There are some great young musicians, Emi Sunshine is carrying the Country banner and YouTube is a great platform for them.

Another one of her in 2008, look at her smile!msp_biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHWnpirJ3hM

And that Kingfish kid is a hell of a player.

I agree guitar companies should make product's for this kind of kid's.

I don't know about the shorter scale, personally I think it is better that they get used to a "normal" scale guitar from the beginning.

But I guess wheight and most important PRICE are real problem's.

I think the Les Paul jr. was thought exactly for that purpose.

Gibson shouldn't have stoped to making models like LPJ's and SGJ's, best example is that Kingfish video.

Isn't that a 14 SGJ?

Anyway a real pleasure to see those kids perform.

Thank's for posting.msp_thumbup.gif

When I see these kids (that's what the are) I wonder why a guitar maker doesn't help them. That Les Paul must be heavy, so why doesn't Gibson or similar have a programme that helps young talent by making a shorter scale and lighter guitar for them? When I see that someone like Santana has played with her, why hasn't he given her some gear? A boogie and a PRS? he must have a warehouse full of it.

In almost every "shop" around here, there are a few of these smaller guitars meant for kids. Ibanez and the like.

Naturally, it's rare you are going to spend a lot of money for one, after all, something for a kid that small, it's a "toy". I don't think a Gibson or the like in these sizes would sell that well.

But by the time a kid that young gets to a certain level, they naturally are going to go "full" scale.

And also want to point out: Les Pauls, SG's, those are SMALL guitars. Really.

Meet Jaden Carlson, get used to her name, she started playing classical guitar at age 6, one of her fans is a guy named Carlos, as in Santana, he invited her to play with him.

WOW! Thanks for posting that!

Every other Blue Moon, on an odd numbered year when the El Nino is just right, someone like Jaden comes along! I agree; we'll probably see more of her! We should, anyway!

"Kingfish" and Quinn Sullivan are quite talented too; but, and mind just my opinion, while their playing is great, they are playing licks and riffs that have been done many, many times. Jaden on the other hand...she's an original with a unique approach and attack- at least significantly different from the "mainstream" blues stuff.

Not disparaging any of the others- I wish I'd have been as talented as they are at that age! I may have had an actual career to go long with my passion of guitar!

Brian

Archived