Gibson Brands Forums

Gov't Mule

Digger

I have to admit that I wasn't really across the Allman Bros band when they were going but I recently (yeah I'm a slow learner) became exposed to Govt't Mule and really like their work.

Warren Haynes seems to have so much experience and is a good all round performer.

You guys are probably all ligt years ahead of me on this stuff but then I lead a quiet life...Grin~

Like this track enormously and Gracie ain't bad either!

Great band to see live if you can. [thumbup]

I'm not sure if they've toured down under or not but living so far from Melbourne makes it an expensive exercise with travel and accommodations on top of the tickets which are not cheap here.

I baulked on seeing Clapton as it was going to cost about $1100 all up.

Huge fan of old Allman Bros. Big fan of Warren Haynes & Govt Mule.....Not a huge fan of this song. Stevie Nicks is not my fav. Way better material out there from the afore-mentioned musicians...IMO.

Chuckle...I think I'm influenced by seeing Grace Potter in this one, she's reasonably scenic~~

Saw them live at the Fox theater in Oakland, California 2-3 years ago. What a show! It was 3 hours long with an intermission. Their first set was nothing but Who covers. It was unbelievable! Every song was by the Who. Then they took a break. When they came back they played their stuff.

I brought my binoculars and was watching Warren most of the time. Man can that guy play.

I have all their recordings and love them. I think their self-titled debut album is my favorite. Dose is one of my least favorites.

But it is hard to find a really bad album from them. "High and Mighty" is a good one too. But don't get that confused with "Mighty High" (yes they really have two albums named that) because that album is a Reggae album, and quite different from their others.

Hey Digger, better late than never! [thumbup]

Saw them live at the Fox theater in Oakland, California 2-3 years ago. What a show! It was 3 hours long with an intermission. Their first set was nothing but Who covers. It was unbelievable! Every song was by the Who. Then they took a break. When they came back they played their stuff.

I brought my binoculars and was watching Warren most of the time. Man can that guy play.

I have all their recordings and love them. I think their self-titled debut album is my favorite. Dose is one of my least favorites.

But it is hard to find a really bad album from them. "High and Mighty" is a good one too. But don't get that confused with "Mighty High" (yes they really have two albums named that) because that album is a Reggae album, and quite different from their others.

Hey Digger, better late than never! [thumbup]

Too right Brad!

I was so sad when Allen died that I've not really listened to them since. :(

Me too. The Allmans were on fire with Allen and Warren. Government Mule came to a small theater down in OCNJ, me and Mrs went down to see them. The three of them were out on the beach down at the water in front of the music pier. I didn't go down there, they were alone, the three of them, smokin and jokin. Probably the first break for Allen and Warren in long time between Mule and the Allmans. Couple months later he died. I was pissed, I should have gone down there and seen them. Dickey was crushed, he really was, them three were his band.

rct

Hello!

Warren Haynes is one of the very best living guitar players today. His tone is huge - it's what I'd call the real Les Paul tone. I loved His playing on Allman Bothers' "Where it all begins" album. The track posted by Digger is superb! I love this version more than the original - very nice singing by Grace Potter.

[thumbup]

Cheers... Bence

Warren Haynes is one of the very best living guitar players today.

Cheers... Bence

One of the guitar mag's (Guitar Player, I think) a couple of years ago named Warren Haynes as one of the "top 25 guitar players in the world." While these things are always subjective, I think they're on to something.

Talk about cool - a few years ago I co-drove in an endurance race that ended at 11PM. The organizer had a friend who had a band and talked them into playing after the race for an hour or so while everyone ate, relaxed, unwound, etc. The name of the band? Yeah, Government Mule! WH was playing his Les Paul pushed through a Leslie!

Guest Farnsbarns

I'm not sure if they've toured down under or not but living so far from Melbourne makes it an expensive exercise with travel and accommodations on top of the tickets which are not cheap here.

I baulked on seeing Clapton as it was going to cost about $1100 all up.

Let me know if you're ever in London. I don't pay for concert tix full stop.

Let me know if you're ever in London. I don't pay for concert tix full stop.

Oh thank you for that kind offer, and I can't rule out coming there as Mrs Dig is on my hammer wanting to take a trip mainly to England and Scotland, her ancestral home. (a couple removed

Good trick getting free tickets. I'm impressed!

Archived