Gibson Brands Forums

IT's MINE!

SmokeyGhost

It's pretty tough to go wrong with a J45, no matter what model it is.. All of them are part of the legend. I've grown real attached to my J45TV. Also really like my former J45 Standard......These TV models are real tone monsters and the nut is just what my style needs. You chose well, Grasshopper.................Enjoy it for many years,

The vintage J-45 "gateway" guitar. Congrats on a fine Gibson. Hopefully, it came with THE case (brown Cali-girl)- if so, get it in that photo!

And.......

It's # 1 !

How often do you see that?

[thumbup]

Let's hope it wasn't a Monday. (edit: Just checked- it was a SUNDAY. . . right; just Gibson being Gibson)

Happy NGD week to you.

Just need the pickguard moved to make it perfect

. . . And the seed has been planted. . .

Thank you. The neck is a delight. The tone, as with any guitar, is subjective as you know. I enjoy it and will have a lot of fun.

Great buy mate, excellent to have another Aussie on the forum. Trust you didnt pay through the nose, the price of guitars in Oz are off the chart these days.

Yes, they are getting rather pricey (as an example I have a Squire CV 50's Telecaster which brand new cost close to AUD$450 less than two years ago. Now you'd be lucky to get one under AUD$600) but this one took some time negotiating along the lines of "Hey, time is money and how long have you been trying to sell it?" Not exactly those words but you get the drift.

Just need the pickguard moved to make it perfect

Sorry but I think the pickguard placement adds to the guitar's charm. So it stays. However, I get your view as it does seem odd to cover some of the Rosette.

Archived