Gibson Brands Forums

Saturday song for mr walker

blindboygrunt

Very nice. Can only agree with all of the above, great playing (nice guitar sound by the way), sweet and real voice/singing, and the recording is nicely done with right balance between guitar and voice.

Comes at the right time to accompany this shiny saturday afternoon in south France.

Terrific!

I am in a massive Townes van Zandt period right now, and this song of his is a favorite. You do the original justice, while at the same time making it your own.

By the way, I have been seriously listening to music for 35 years, but the genious of TVZ had escaped me until very recently. Then I bought his album "Live at the Old Quarter" and was completely floored. Stunning stuff! I have since accumulated most of his recorded output.

Thanks for posting!

Lars

Terrific!

I am in a massive Townes van Zandt period right now, and this song of his is a favorite. You do the original justice, while at the same time making it your own.

By the way, I have been seriously listening to music for 35 years, but the genious of TVZ had escaped me until very recently. Then I bought his album "Live at the Old Quarter" and was completely floored. Stunning stuff! I have since accumulated most of his recorded output.

Thanks for posting!

Lars

Sadly, when he was still around and writing, most of his recordings were hard to find and many just weren't available. A lot of us Texas folks knew him and his work very well back in the day - he was often living and working in the Austin area during some of his most productive years. He's one of my all-time favorites, too, and I cover some of his songs - many of which listeners tend to attribute to other artists. Glad to hear that you're a fan!

Don't expect an answer Anne.The Federales finally caught up with him in a pub in Belfast last night. [wink]

You don't think they let him slip away? Kindness or not, it's probably what he gets for wearing his gun that way..

Thanks folks , too kind

Especially Anne (nice to see u back) and FB , who are both hilarious .

No shortage of bandits in Belfast , it's hard to sing that line wore his gun outside his pants , as you all will know pants aren't trousers but underwear over here . The schoolboy humour comes out in me .

A bit like in Tecumseh valley

She asked around and a job she found , always comes out as she assed around 🙄

Ah I try Aussie , no one would love it more than . Just can't get anything decent to come out

Show us what you got BBG, so we can throw some tomatoes at you for a change.

Although, Ill be willing to bet a good quid that what you have hiding is a lot better than what you give yourself credit, we are are usually our biggest critic.

If Sal, Ann and Larry can throw a few oginals here Im sure you can too .... C'mon, dont be shy now.

Haha , it's not shyness .

Honestly , been trying forever . And I'll keep trying . I seldom get past the first line .... Just doesn't seem to come out of me . Am seriously considering some drugs 😄

When or if anything falls out of me I'll post it for sure . I value the opinion of folk in here .

What about you ?

You got anything in the tank ?

Archived