Gibson Brands Forums

A SONG FOR MONDAY

MissouriPicker

Here's a little ditty I finished last week about fathers/grandfathers or most any good role model. Yesterday afternoon I decided to add a kind of quiet harmonica track to it. None of it's perfect and if it was it wouldn't be me writing or playing it. The words are mine. The pics are from the internet.

"Daddy Said."

that was nice Larry, I liked how you managed the tie in with the pictures, (the guy with the plate of spaghetti on his chest cracked me up "Some folks don't move at all!" Yep! )

Nice work!

J100 sounds sweet! seems you two have bonded..

1461009309[/url]' post='1762010']

that was nice Larry, I liked how you managed the tie in with the pictures, (the guy with the plate of spaghetti on his chest cracked me up "Some folks don't move at all!" Yep! )

Nice work!

J100 sounds sweet! seems you two have bonded..

I concur! Love the big guitar. SJ100?

I also appreciate advice you hurl at me. Experience is nice to rely on.

Love it man! Great gob with the picking, lyrics and pictures! Love the harp! If you are open to suggestions I almost want to hear the first verse without the harp....and then have the harp come in after the first verse is over....just a thought.

[thumbup] As always, I appreciate all the kind words. Not just saying it. I do appreciate all the feedback (good or bad). I don't have a thin skin. You can't if you're anything like me............and Birdman, you are right about the harmonica. I added that track kind of "on the run." Turned-out okay (for me...lol). Then, after I posted the song on YouTube, I thought the harp should have come-in a little later, but I was too lazy to go back and change it. [cursing]

BluesKing, I use a software called Mixcraft (by Acoustica). It works okay. Be better if I read the instructions on how to use it. This edition has a video editor with it. I can remove sections of the video and replace it with other video, images, or text. You can get real detailed with it and give it a professional look and feel, but what the hell?. I don't have the patience to learn that part of it..lol...I just learn enough of the software to be dangerous. I probably waste more time correcting my mistakes than I'd have used to really learn the software. If I actually spent time learning to do all the things the software is capable of I'd have a Hollywood production. Also lets you do real detailed stuff with the audio if you want. Mainly, I just play with the EQ on audio, and know just enough to insert images with the video. I bought it because it mostly uses "everyday language" in it's instructions. I had Cake Walk and the learning curve was way-too-high for me. I had no clue what they were talking about. You almost had to be a sound engineer.

And "Yes," it can take a bit of time getting the pictures gathered. Pretty much all of my stuff comes from Yahoo Images.

To those wondering about the 2016 Gibsons-------this J100 is really a comfortable and playable guitar. The Plek system (?) that contours the neck to help give it an optimal feel and playablity definitely works. I love the feel of this guitar. Very, very easy to play. It's like the neck and setup were designed specifically for me.

To those wondering about the 2016 Gibsons-------this J100 is really a comfortable and playable guitar. The Plek system (?) that contours the neck to help give it an optimal feel and playablity definitely works. I love the feel of this guitar. Very, very easy to play. It's like the neck and setup were designed specifically for me.

I'll second that. I got an SJ200 Standard one month ago.. The action is set right on factory specs (6/64s / 5/64s @ 12th fret 2/64s 1/64 at fret 1))

it is pretty much effortless to play anywhere on the neck.

the neck is straight and very clean, no high spots I've found yet, and the nut is slotted what appears to be, precisely right.

I'll also add that the anthem pickup sounds really good. I've had fishmans on my steel strings for years. The anthem, while it doesn't have the same output the fishmans have, it sounds very natural. Blending the pickup to the 85% condenser mic, 15% the peizo, plugged in it sounds very good. The "Quack" does not exist.

I think 2016 seems to be a good year for this big beauties.

Ray, good points on these new Gibsons. This has got to be the most comfortable neck I've played in a long time. Nothing wrong with the necks on my other Gibsons, but this J100 automatically "stands out in the crowd." It's as if in a room of great guitars, one tends to stand alone. I was a little bit hesitant to jump-on-board with some of the changes over the last year or two. Not a big fan of their "progressive" models (although I've only played one), but if these super jumbos are a reflection of what Gibson is doing, they are headed in the right direction.

Archived