Gibson Brands Forums

Roll on Saturday morning

blindboygrunt

Man. I wish.

I have to do the day job for 1/2 a day, then fix a mower, then mow a few acres around my pond where I have invented THIS.....

solar1_zpsjeb8w6gs.jpg

It's a solar powered aeration system.

Then Sunday I need to flop a few more trees to open up more sun for it. Then cut up the trees to burn.

I might pick a little on the balcony after a shower.

Axel rose sounds like Bon Scott !

That's borderline blasphemy EA .

I personally think they should just stop . And this is a man who has listened to acdc since he was 12 . First lp was let there be Rock and since then collected every one of them .

No Malcolm either . Drummer in jail .

That aside , I hope you have a great night , but they're not doing anything graceful is my feeling about it all

Axel rose sounds like Bon Scott !

That's borderline blasphemy EA .

I personally think they should just stop . And this is a man who has listened to acdc since he was 12 . First lp was let there be Rock and since then collected every one of them .

No Malcolm either . Drummer in jail .

That aside , I hope you have a great night , but they're not doing anything graceful is my feeling about it all

BBG - your thought process was exactly same as mine, firstly no Malcolm who is the biggest inspiration to me, then the whole Brian fiasco ... BUT ... when i hear Axl sing, honestly, he sounds like Bon Scott, and I just thought, bugger it, its gonna be a great party, and 26c, plus tons of Pilsner ..... gotta be done!

A couple of vintage friends - 1 hard working priest, 1 wise working man - is dropping by this evening - we intend to eat in an old church near by then go back here to philosophize.

Dylan will be rolling out the speakers - Blonde on Blonde, , , and later they will be served a certain live Donovan record from 1967.

Whiskey and wine are bound to tingle, , , vodka with sliced lime shall flow from a glass cranium's mind.

Celebrating free memory, poetry's waits to be recited. Under indigo smoke anecdotes line up to unfold.

A large piece of 1930's toy prepares to be admired - a whimsy orange 1970 kitsch item is cleaned'n'ready.

And at a certain point, , , jazz. .

No guitars probably. They must stand aback listening, but who knows, , , by 3 o'clock the trio might slide into a version of Tonight's the Night. Happy - Self-forgotten - Stoned

Hey that capo, bbg - let's hear what it's like whenever you're ready. .

A couple of vintage friends is dropping by this evening - we intend to eat in an old church near by then go back here to philosophize.

Dylan will be rolling out the speakers - Blonde on Blonde, , , and later they will be served a certain live Donovan record from 1967.

Whiskey and wine is bound tingle, , , vodka with sliced lime shall flow from a glass cranium's mind.

Celebrating free memory, poetry's waits to be recited. Under indigo smoke anecdotes line up to unfold.

A large piece of 1930's toy prepares to be admired - a whimsy orange 1970 kitsch item is cleaned'n'ready.

And at a certain point, , , jazz. .

No guitars probably. They must stand aback listening, but who knows, , , by 3 o'clock the trio might slide into a version of Tonight's the Night. Happy - Self-forgotten - Stoned

That sounds like my kind of evening! Count me in.

EM - those evenings are the ones you always pull out magic. Please! We are due for a new one...

Murph - I am impressed... American ingenuity at its best and served up raw.

Everyone else have fun and unwind.

No gigs for me...sons coming home for a bit, and I need to do some work on my Boston Whaler.

EM7 sounds rather poetic today doesn't he? well he usually does now that I think of it.

I am heading for a nephew's wedding which is about 1.5 hours drive from here.

I have to perform at this wedding, (need to bring both piano and guitar + a small sound system... logistics!! ARG!! this all sounded like a good idea when they asked me to do this about a year and a half ago)...

we'll be staying over night so as not to worry about Designated drivers,, which I'm sure would be me...

should be interesting.. my entire wifes crazy family at the same hotel. I doubt Deerfeild Mass has seen such a an event... probably never be the same after..

Friday nights for me are always band night. I so look forward to it every week and I won't let anything get in the way of playing music with my other band mates. We had a keyboard player join us about four weeks ago and it changes everything! I think it's so cool that solar panels have come down in price so much that everyday people are incorporating them into projects like pond aerators. I'm hoping for flexible film solar panels that can be made into window shades that can go on just about any window and the power can be fed back into the grid via a wall outlet. When that happens there will be so many solar panels in this country that burning coal and damming rivers will be over and out.

Saturday depends whether I get a haircut!

A trendy cafe where all the hipsters loiter opened near where I usually go and getting a carpark is now impossible. I have done a couple of drivebyes and given up and hair is awful.

So I lined up at another joint I found on my iPad and watched 4 barbers giving the trendy 'corporal cut' that takes forever (like Beiber's recent one with shaved sides with a wave pattern or such and a weird top knot) and I got impatient and left after waiting 3/4 hour! Pfffft!

I get up early every day and like to have a lie in for a bit on Saturday, have some toast and go through the same Blues Lesson every week....rest of the week, I am everywhere. Not tomorrow! Barber on Saturday - always crowded wherever you go.

Bring back hippiedom hair! Or Brylcreem.

BluesKing777.

Early morning Sports for the youngest son. Then off to help a buddy that had a tree fall on part of his house. Then on to the project that I have been waiting for 2 weeks to get to. I will be putting my les Paul junior back together. I can't wait to plug it back in Saturday night!!!!

Started today , with four hours of good music with my Uke playing friend . Following tomorrow with the Cup Final , playing in church on Sunday followed by another afternoon of good music on Monday including some good malt - priceless

Saturday morning here now.A beautiful mild Autumn morning.We've had a wonderful few weeks weather wise in Sydney.

Just walked to the coffee shop and got a double shot cappuccino and a toasted pear and raspberry bread to go.Eating while typing.

After that I will grab the LG-2 and sing a few off Blonde on Blonde.Maybe not Sad Eyed Lady as I may run out of breath on that one!

Gonna walk a South Carolina beach for a couple hours on either side of this afternoon's low tide...

No guitar playing, just gathering up the usual bounty of shark's teeth and metaphors and wondering about things.

Saturday depends whether I get a haircut!

A trendy cafe where all the hipsters loiter opened near where I usually go and getting a carpark is now impossible. I have done a couple of drivebyes and given up and hair is awful.

So I lined up at another joint I found on my iPad and watched 4 barbers giving the trendy 'corporal cut' that takes forever (like Beiber's recent one with shaved sides with a wave pattern or such and a weird top knot) and I got impatient and left after waiting 3/4 hour! Pfffft!

I get up early every day and like to have a lie in for a bit on Saturday, have some toast and go through the same Blues Lesson every week....rest of the week, I am everywhere. Not tomorrow! Barber on Saturday - always crowded wherever you go.

Bring back hippiedom hair! Or Brylcreem.

BluesKing777.

Well, for those concerned about me getting a hair cut - the deed is done!

I drove all he way to town to a barber I used to go to years ago and the local yokels have lost the job. Country road drive, hook up to a freeway, join up another and into the bowels of the city, multi storey car park and a sprint up the laneways through the trendies and cafe society to my barber. Because it is near a lane of outdoor cafes, I got entertained while barbered by a lovely chap busking out by the cafes - little Maton guitar and I can't say I knew any tunes he did until he did a rousing version of House Of The Rising Sun!

BluesKing777.

Well, for those concerned about me getting a hair cut - the deed is done!

I drove all he way to town to a barber I used to go to years ago and the local yokels have lost the job. Country road drive, hook up to a freeway, join up another and into the bowels of the city, multi storey car park and a sprint up the laneways through the trendies and cafe society to my barber. Because it is near a lane of outdoor cafes, I got entertained while barbered by a lovely chap busking out by the cafes - little Maton guitar and I can't say I knew any tunes he did until he did a rousing version of House Of The Rising Sun!

BluesKing777.

All this for a haircut?

Every three months or so, I take a 10-minute walk to see the tattooed, purple-Mohawked scalper at the Silver Clipper. Sometimes I have to wait for a few minutes, but 15 minutes after I sit in the chair, I walk out $20 poorer and five pounds lighter, as fresh as a new-shorn sheep at the North Tuppal station.

Well, I always have to wait until Friday to know what I'm doing Saturday. Apparently I'm spending today with my wife and my band saw. She has started our fourth annual Christmas decoration Project, and enlisted my help. She does everything except cutting out the reindeer, penguins, snowmen and Santa Clauses. We (she) creates wood lawn ornaments for our four kids out of 1/2" plywood and a lot of paint. All I have to do is spend a couple of days each year making sure I don't cut anything but wood. YES, I realize it is mid-May !

Sunday - I have my weekly morning guitar lesson. I've been teaching the daughter of a friend for nearly 4 years. She graduates in June so I'm not sure if she's going to want to continue after she enrolls in a local college. It's a bittersweet ending, after seeing a gawky teenage girl grow into an 18 year old young woman, keeping her interest and growing love of music apace with all the competing pressures of a blossoming life.

All this for a haircut?

Every three months or so, I take a 10-minute walk to see the tattooed, purple-Mohawked scalper at the Silver Clipper. Sometimes I have to wait for a few minutes, but 15 minutes after I sit in the chair, I walk out $20 poorer and five pounds lighter, as fresh as a new-shorn sheep at the North Tuppal station.

Ludicrous but worth it to hear a busker while trimmed - by the way, they would need a relative somewhere in high places to get a city busking licence for primo location, hat full of money!

BluesKing777.

Archived