Gibson Brands Forums

What foods do you hate?

Mr. Gibson

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was it only yesterday I spread Tahini onto wholemeal bread...then overspread with Marmite..?

Yes it was only yesterday... [thumbup]

Next step is to take same recipe...overspread with Jalapeno Sauce.... :blink:

Now that will be really something... :blink:

V

:-({|=

1472466421[/url]' post='1795249']

I don't like the idea of using bananas from a trash can because who know what else was in there or when it was cleaned last. That being said, the recipe for banana bread calls for really ripe ( black banana peal and gooey bananas ) The riper the better. Best option is whenever you have bananas that get too ripe in your house, don't throw them away, make banana bread!

No kidding? I didn't know that, I thought they used fresh but it does sound kind of gross. Well the ones she took came out of the trash I set outside. When I took some more out the next day, I noticed they were gone. Then comes the banana bread over and I told the wife what her mom did and both denied it till I proved what she did and she confessed. I cant trust people caught going through trash cans and to give you back that meal.

1472563794[/url]' post='1795574']

Most forms of seafood or fish in general. Clam and lobster high on my list of "nope".

I knew there was a reason I liked you Kidblast. Same here, Lol. msp_flapper.gif Not interested at all in sea food. I thought I was the only Guy who hates fishing! My dad took me fishing so much when I was little and he cleaned and cooked it at the lake, I just grew sick of it. We'll have to be friends!msp_thumbup.gif

Vegemite is a worthy complement to Marmite.... [thumbup]

Obviously Marmite is better (typing here in the UK)

I ran an exhaustive taste test last year...involving a jar of each...bought with my own money

Vegemite is less 'sharp' on the taste buds and therefore probably more universally accepted

There is a song by Antipodean group 'Men at Work' which mentions Vegemite... [thumbup]

I cannot recall any song ever mentioning Marmite... [unsure]

There are 'Songlines' in Aboriginal culture.... <_<

V

:-({|=

There is a song by Antipodean group 'Men at Work' which mentions Vegemite... [thumbup]...

That was the first time I had ever became aware of the stuff.

I had to ask a friend what they were singing because I thought I couldn't make out the word but I could; it was just a word I'd never heard before!

Hey; why not? It's a fun song and a fine way to get started this morning...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s

Pip.

I always said in the past I would never eat things like Rabbit, squirrel, things that some guys hunt and shoot but when I worked for the Union Pacific way back they had a Christmas lunch the guys all got together on and some guy brought in a mixture of meats he threw together. Sort of like pulled pork. I tried some on a sandwich and it was pretty good. It had Bar B Que Sause in it. I said I hate fish, but a guy brought in Bass fish and I swear it tasted like Bar B Que pork. All in all I think it really matters how you prepare stuff. I was at our son's wedding in Chicago and her parents are very very rich. They spared nothing for this wedding and they had like a 5 star dinner. I hate mushrooms but tried a mushroom roll and didn't know what it was but it was good, and I tried another. My wife is like that too. She makes things and asks how I liked it, then tells me what I ate afterwards. So really, I think a lot of it is in the mind and that things we do hate and from those taste buds, they can be made good with the right cook. I find some guys can cook a lot better then most women. And mine is a pretty good cook. She learned from her Grandmother and her Uncle at a very small age.

Vegemite is a paste similar consistency to smooth peanut butter.

We love fish especially crustaceans!

We try to have fish at least once a week and when I'm fishing I supply my own which is always better fresh. Prawns, scallops, Cray...to die for!

msp_flapper.gif

1472709231[/url]' post='1796077']

Vegemite is a paste similar consistency to smooth peanut butter.

We love fish especially crustaceans!

We try to have fish at least once a week and when I'm fishing I supply my own which is always better fresh. Prawns, scallops, Cray...to die for!

Ok. Does it have a taste of something, like meat? Jelly? Or what? Just curious. When Deb and I were in Hawaii on our honeymoon they introduced Poi to us. It was a main staple of food for Hawaiin people made from the root of the taro or kalo plant. They smash the cooked kalo till it turns into a paste. Add water while mashing and the consistency is a matter of personal preference. Fresh poi has a sweat taste, let it sit for several days from 3 to 10 and it has a sour taste. A Hawaiin offered some to us at the table of all Newly weds and there was only one gal who tried it. After tasting it she ran for the restroom to puke. Guess you had to grow up with it to acquire the taste. It was explained to us later it tasted like wall paper paste. Now my question is, who tasted wall paper paste to compare it? msp_flapper.gif

Any sort of shellfish. :blink:

Some months ago I stopped using milk, all food containing milk and all dairy products. It affected my health for decades. My carpal tunnel syndrome on my left hand is already gone now. Sadly what my then-wife did to me with ripping up the CTS suture two days after the surgery of my right hand in early 2009 will never heal. [crying]

...Does it have a taste of something, like meat? Jelly? Or what? Just curious....

Marmite (and, I'm guessing, Vegemite) tastes, primarily, of malt and salt.

Think of it as having a sort of Soy Sauce flavour with the sticky, smooth consistency of treacle / molasses and you are pretty much there.

Pip.

1472942946[/url]' post='1796829']

Cold coffee and hard cheese

Can't believe they serve iced cold coffee here. I love coffee hot but when it gets cold, it tastes terrible I think. Time to rewarm it. My wife recently tried one at a donut shop that was cold and she tried it and threw it away. I'm getting to hate Valentinos pizza Buffett. They dropped the food quality big time to save money. Then they increased the senior discount age from 55 to 65. They pay their staff way below minimum wage because they expect them to get paid from tips but it's a buffet and most people don't leave tips although we always do. We hear lots of things from the manager we know there. And the prices for there food have gone up big time. We decided not to eat there anymore.

Archived