Gibson Brands Forums

BBg Sunday song

blindboygrunt

Of course never heard the track but it sounds great, as expected. I reckon your recordings are getting better also, you've spent time on this, havent you ?

Your vocals are really shining here, and i think its probably something to do with the recording approach, the mix is really good between guitar and vocals, single track ?

Great rendition,

To me your songs are all about the mood and feel you create with your singing and playing. And you really did a great job with that here.

I agree with EA, the recording quality sounded really good on this one, maybe better than usual.

Yes one of my favorites too.You do it really well.Beautiful recording.Not sure if this was one of the songs that Dylan "adapted" from a traditional Irish melody.I think there were a couple like that.Was that the J-29?

Hope the wife returns soon.If a package arrives containing a pair of leather brogues,you may start to worry. [smile]

Nice, Grunt..........very nice. You are a Dylan kind of dude, and that's a good thing. The recording is very clear........got the positioning just right on this one. Well done.

You's trying to go Southern on us with that "yall" in there? Ok.....that's fine..........just get it right. It's "y'all".......as in short for "you all". [flapper]

Thanks folks

Yeah buc , I seem to have just sat in the right place for the particular song ... I wish I knew as I'm happier with the sound than the others.

Seems iPhones don't recognise southern drawl and I never noticed it corrected it er .. incorrectly

I did know it was short for you all , not all Irish are daft and run about with a pig under their arm

Thanks for listening to me

And FB - yes it was the j29

And Lars - a rode nt1

You are one of the people on here that make me turn "green with envy." I really do wish I could do what you do. You sound damn good. Very easy to enjoy your music, Stu. Going in a studio can help a guy like me, but in all sincerity, I don't know if it would help you. What are they going to do, add a band and clutter-up that sweet music you make? If you ever go in a studio, don't let them get you all "slick and polished." Stay who and what you are. That's more than enough. Maybe one or two folksy instruments in the background, but definitely nothing more, because your sound can stand alone and still sound great.....Great songs, my friend. [thumbup] [thumbup]

Archived