Gibson Brands Forums

This is a real heartbreaker...

Jinder

Very, very, very reluctantly my Hummingbird MC is now on offer in the trading post section.

As some of you know, I lost my record deal recently and, as a result, I'm in .need of raising some funds to get by. I am really reluctant to let the 'Bird go, as some really special memories are attached to it-I played it when my band played the Royal Albert Hall, played to 8000 people at Liverpool Echo Arena, used it for two live sessions on Radio Two and all of our year-long tour, not to mention that it is all over our album.

So, I'm very sad to have to let her go.

Do have a browse if you're in the UK and are interested.

sorry to hear about you're misfortune, jinder. i really enjoy your solo stuff and feel you've definitely got the cajones to do it alone as a singer/songwriter. in fact i listen to your myspace selections often. good luck and stay positive as better days are certainly ahead.

This just sucks, Jinder. I was in the gym the other day throwing the small weights around and listening, not by choice, to Britney, etc on the muzak. This crap sells by the boat load, and yet Jinder can't make it as a singer songwriter? The world is upside down.

This just sucks' date=' Jinder. I was in the gym the other day throwing the small weights around and listening, not by choice, to Britney, etc on the muzak. This crap sells by the boat load, and yet Jinder can't make it as a singer songwriter? The world is upside down. [/quote']

+1

Hey Jinder,

you'll bounce back. That's what happens after we hit rock bottom. We bounce back.

We pick ourselves up off the ground and with dogged determination and a stiff upper lip we persevere. Moving forward better prepared to face the challenges life throws our way.

We'll be praying for you.

Jinder-- to paraphrase the blues' date=' "the music biz aint nothing but a low down aching chill." Hoping you can get your feet back on the ground soon.

Day job. Keep the bird.[/quote']

+ 1.

I hope all will be well. You're a very talented guy, and to capitaize on that talent, you're going to need the means of helping you express it.

Red 333

Probably not a big help, but a few years back I had to sell my 52 relic tele just to be able to pay the rent for a few months. It's one of the hazards of being self employed and a musician, but as you know, the ups outweigh the downs, otherwise we wouldn't be doing it.

Sell your bird, and then work towards a nice new custom shop model. You'll have a sweet new guitar, and some stories to tell the ladies :D/

You know, guys that can really song and pick dont quite fit into mainstream pop--its not machined enough.

But with those harmonies? Maybe the Mercs should have been marketed as country (Everly Bross as channeled by Graham Nash).. Just a thought.

Sorry Jinder, I think you guys are great!!

I know how much the Bird means to you. Hey life can change in less than a blink of the eye.

Maybe something GOOD will happen so you can keep er.

Who knows? They all told Alan Jackson, he was "too country"!!

thanks again for the kind words, all.

I have sold the 'Bird...to my Dad! He's not exactly Davy Graham but he picks a bit, and said if I sold him the guitar I could use it whenever I wanted, and buy it back from him when I am back on my feet, if I wish (which I most definitely will).

What a lifesaver!

It does mean I'll have to listen to my father's, erm, 'interpretive' versions of Bobby Shaftoe and the like being wrangled from my beloved 'Bird from time to time, but at least she's still in my orbit.

Life isn't all bad!

thanks again for the kind words' date=' all.

I have sold the 'Bird...to my Dad! He's not exactly Davy Graham but he picks a bit, and said if I sold him the guitar I could use it whenever I wanted, and buy it back from him when I am back on my feet, if I wish (which I most definitely will).

What a lifesaver!

It does mean I'll have to listen to my father's, erm, 'interpretive' versions of Bobby Shaftoe and the like being wrangled from my beloved 'Bird from time to time, but at least she's still in my orbit.

Life isn't all bad![/quote']

what a great dad. man, that's sweet.

Archived