Gibson Brands Forums

Nashville ***** - "Go to Hell"

Searcy

LOVE NP!!!!

Ruyter's SG through a cranked marshall is awesome!!!

ACDC's Shot Down In Flames from the same show as above............

They are opening around here for Rev Horton Heat..........may have to make that show

NHTom

And, to be "OLD" and honest, I'm really sick of all the profanity, in too many people's "lyrics" these days!

For one thing, it loses all impact, when overused like it's so often done, now. And, it just seems uneducated,

and trashy. But, that's only MY opionion. [biggrin]

CB

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the language was gratuitous...

Well, I'm not so sure, Surfpup! Did you ever see "Deep Purple" in the early 70's? [scared] LOL [lol]

CB

Sorry, I meant currently touring. Since they tend to play clubs there's nowhere for all that sound to go.... and it's LOUD!

The show was really good. The band got stuck in traffic and got there too late form the privet photo shoot I was asked to do but I did shoot the show. My wife and I were asked to spend Thanks Giving with them the next day at a mutual friends house but we had other plans.

Lots of fun. This of them as a mix up of The Cramps and BlackFoot with a dose of rockabilly. Ruyter is a really riff monster and she sat and talked with every fan that came to see them after the show.

Let's see if I can get some flickr files to load here.

31235766896_b3203fe1e1_c.jpgBashfull Puppy by Clint Searcy, on Flickr

I am with Charlie Brown on this. The over using of all the profanity is old and not nearly as effective as they might think and really boring. I get the feeling that with this band it is just trying to garner attention using the "shock" value of their name and song titles. Why not let the music stand on its own merits??

I am with Charlie Brown on this. The over using of all the profanity is old and not nearly as effective as they might think and really boring. I get the feeling that with this band it is just trying to garner attention using the "shock" value of their name and song titles. Why not let the music stand on its own merits??

It's a valid point. But in the end if it isn't offensive then it isn't rock and roll. The music speaks plenty loud to me. Ruyters riff in this tune that comes in at about :37 is just huge. It's been stuck in my head for days.

It's a valid point. But in the end if it isn't offensive then it isn't rock and roll. The music speaks plenty loud to me. Ruyters riff in this tune that comes in at about :37 is just huge. It's been stuck in my head for days.

I get what you are saying about being offensive rock and roll has generally pushed the edge of the envelope and rightfully so but the artistic edge does not need to be offensive to be rock and roll there is plenty of good rock over the years that was not offensive. If being offensive were the standard then Rap and Hip Hop would have taken over as rock and roll years ago. I don't mind some language in songs but it need not be the cornerstone of a bands name, titles and lyrics, again this is just my opinion and I am not a youngster so I get that I may be old school in my thinking.

Great shots, man. This one may be my favorite.

I can tell you after last night that this rig sounds AWESOME!!!

So great to hear such a simple/pure sound as an SG through a cranked up Marshall.

NHTom

Archived