Gibson Brands Forums

Why All The Negative And Nonspecific Answers?

jaygl

Should I report this as...................wait for it Wait For IT ! ! ! !.......

"Spam, Spam, Spam Spam

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam..."

Pip.

EDIT : How on Earth did this rather sensible post become an homage to Monty Python, Hellen Mirren (Rowllrrrr!!!) and the Right, Honorable and Very, VERY Marvellous Sir David A. ?......

eusa_think.gif

To answer the OP (I feel I should, after my witterings above);

Much of what Rabs said re;

Folks 'asking-for-info-receiving-well-researched-and-time-consuming-to-relay-info-and-then-buggering-off-without-so-much-as-a-thank-you' does tend to grate a bit.

Trolls trying to stir up sh!t. One a-hole (name can be supplied) managed to keep crap steaming for a whole 12 pages a month or so ago. Aunt.

Stupid, silly questions which a 2 second google can answer perfectly well.

Stupid, silly questions which a lifetime of playing guitars cannot answer at all.

Stupid, silly questions posted in the Les Paul forum such as "Which guitar do you think I would prefer; a Les Paul or an SG..."....

Stupid, silly questions posted, by the same poster, in the SG forum such as "Which guitar do you think I would prefer; an SG or a Les Paul..."....

Oft-times I try to help folks who ask any question which can be answered by 'another' person who happens to be better informed but sometimes I can see why sarcasm is frequently the outcome of vague and, essentially, lazy threads.

Pip.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know what this is about...

that guy who said all that stuff about those things? he said he went to that place where those people were, and that's where they all did that thing. i never heard such story! i have serious doubts any of it was true except for that one part where you could almost tell...

i know what this is about...

that guy who said all that stuff about those things? he said he went to that place where those people were, and that's where they all did that thing. i never heard such story! i have serious doubts any of it was true except for that one part where you could almost tell...

Almost - but then that other part kind of got back in there, but you could almost even care still until that part went away again -

Much of what Rabs said re;

Folks 'asking-for-info-receiving-well-researched-and-time-consuming-to-relay-info-and-then-buggering-off-without-so-much-as-a-thank-you' does tend to grate a bit.

Trolls trying to stir up sh!t. One a-hole (name can be supplied) managed to keep crap steaming for a whole 12 pages a month or so ago. Aunt.

Stupid, silly questions which a 2 second google can answer perfectly well.

Stupid, silly questions which a lifetime of playing guitars cannot answer at all.

Stupid, silly questions posted in the Les Paul forum such as "Which guitar do you think I would prefer; a Les Paul or an SG..."....

Stupid, silly questions posted, by the same poster, in the SG forum such as "Which guitar do you think I would prefer; an SG or a Les Paul..."....

Pip.

So, do you think a Les Paul or SG would be better for me?... and what does that switch do on a Les Paul? Btw, what is a tuning peg? I've Googled all these but can't find an answer anywhere [blink][unsure][laugh]

...So, do you think a Les Paul or SG would be better for me?...

The Steinway. Every time.

Sure; the Bechstein is a very good instrument as well in its own way but you'd always be wishing you had held out to get the real deal.

Pip.

The Steinway. Every time.

Sure; the Bechstein is a very good instrument as well in its own way but you'd always be wishing you had held out to get the real deal.

Pip.

What I would need to know though is does the Steinway have tronical tuners and a hologram of authenticity? Plus, I've heard some come with gigbags [biggrin]

How many hygrometers does it take to ensure consistent, smooth, even, apocalypse avoiding moisture content of one of them there Steinways?

rct

Dunlop make special bottles of lemon-oil treatment which are sold by the gallon.

P.

Archived