Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson shooting themselves in the foot?

sbpark

1488921923[/url]' post='1839924']

Yeah. I have been hearing the same things...

I heard that a fairly big shop in the UK , PMT have now stopped selling Gibson... Not good signs really but what can you do?

Maybe this is the end coming for the Henry era?

I also note that Martin is selling direct to the customer now via nominated dealers . Also you can call at the factory and buy or order

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also note that Martin is selling direct to the customer now via nominated dealers . Also you can call at the factory and buy or order

That's a pretty interesting model. The Martin website links directly to authorized online dealers, and gives the discounted price from each, which all seem to be the same. Choose the model you want in the guitar selector, and click the "buy now online" link. Not all models are sold that way, but the most popular ones appear to be (D-28, 000-28 EC, etc)

Snowflake generation

An honest question, not meant to insult anybody or demean dead fish or read something I shouldn't or piss anyone off or none-a-them-other things: WTF is a 'snowflake' these days? I hear the term, but missed the idea somewhere along the way and have been too ashamed of being ignorant to ask until now😳

DON'T LIKE, DON'T READ.

Funny, that works for all the performance videos that some folks, not me, were griping about not long ago at all now.

Pretty simple, even gradeoners can figure that out.

You guys are fast becoming a teeny weeny version of the AGF. Maybe you shouldn'ta traded yer sense of humor for that latest acquisition.

rct

Someone stole my lunch and I'M GONNA TELL! Mommy packed fish glue today, too.... 😩

I've been looking for a nice set of big fork and spoon to put on the wall in my kitchen. Maple is nice but a little on the bright side. Rosewood lacks the nice mid range that I really like. So mahogany might be the right choice. I would like the chance to try them before I buy them though, unless you have a liberal return policy, can you make sure to distribute them to several stores in my area so I can try out as many as possible to make sure before I commit to a pair that I have found the right one?

Nonsense! Mine have to be made-to-order by gnomes and elves😠

I've been looking for a nice set of big fork and spoon to put on the wall in my kitchen. Maple is nice but a little on the bright side. Rosewood lacks the nice mid range that I really like. So mahogany might be the right choice. I would like the chance to try them before I buy them though, unless you have a liberal return policy, can you make sure to distribute them to several stores in my area so I can try out as many as possible to make sure before I commit to a pair that I have found the right one?

Dude..

one of the best replies this year!

LOL!

An honest question, not meant to insult anybody or demean dead fish or read something I shouldn't or piss anyone off or none-a-them-other things: WTF is a 'snowflake' these days? I hear the term, but missed the idea somewhere along the way and have been too ashamed of being ignorant to ask until now😳

Snowflake is a term used by the mostly(rabidly) conservative right to refer to the mostly(reasonably) liberal left. It is meant to imply weakness, inability to withstand the rigors of this life. First, it was applied to today's coddled children who all get a trophy for everything they do, and it morphed into the current use.

rct

Snowflake is a term used by the mostly(rabidly) conservative right to refer to the mostly(reasonably) liberal left. It is meant to imply weakness, inability to withstand the rigors of this life. First, it was applied to today's coddled children who all get a trophy for everything they do, and it morphed into the current use.

rct

and now,... I need to find my safe place... thanks Ron....... thanks a bunch....

amusing or juvinile ....j fish glue? really guys ? grade oneish stuff (no offense to real grade one folks)

At least I can spell juvenile, which I think makes my category First Class rather than grade one.

rct

The generational reference is also still current, as my eldest keeps reminding me.

rct

Thank you! Rabid righties always confuse the issue beyond the boundaries of rational thought. No wonder I couldn't define the term logically😇 NOW away from this line of discussion B/4 the thought police arrive😱

and now,... I need to find my safe place... thanks Ron....... thanks a bunch....

Take your comfort dog and coloring books and Starbucks can be your safe place.

rct

At least I can spell juvenile, which I think makes my category First Class rather than grade one.

I always catch that kind of boo-boo. Occupational hazard from teaching Comp 101 and 'suggesting' many times that spelling and the like are essentially table manners for writing. You can get the job done without them, but nobody wants to eat lunch with you😊

I always catch that kind of boo-boo. Occupational hazard from teaching Comp 101 and 'suggesting' many times that spelling and the like are essentially table manners for writing. You can get the job done without them, but nobody wants to eat lunch with you

That is a fantastic analogy! I will be appropriating it, forthwith. Danke

It's hard to make a rhyme out of Laphroaig....

I went down to the crossroads

To sell my soul to Michael Gove.

We sealed the deal with grits and eggs

And quarts of aged Laphroaig.

I followed on from Ladbroke Grove

When Blind **** Thompson's old man drove

To Genesis Hall to move along

A hobo drinking Laphroaig.

My mother was a diner cook,

She sweated long hours by the stove

To make the grits and eggs we loved

To eat with aged Laphroaig.

(It's written Laphroaig, but it's pronounced Throat Warbler Mangrove.)

I went down to the crossroads

To sell my soul to Michael Gove.

We sealed the deal with grits and eggs

And quarts of aged Laphroaig.

I followed on from Ladbroke Grove

When Blind **** Thompson's old man drove

To Genesis Hall to move along

A hobo drinking Laphroaig.

My mother was a diner cook,

She sweated long hours by the stove

To make the grits and eggs we loved

To eat with aged Laphroaig.

(It's written Laphroaig, but it's pronounced Throat Warbler Mangrove.)

I give! You win.

I'll have a glass of Throat Warbler Mangrove 16 year, neat please.

Ordering online has been a study in disappointment. I own not a one of the models acquired by that means (despite doing due diligence in the research dept) The 3 models in the Rambler home were in-person purchases, 2 retail, 1 private (one of those belongs to Mrs Rambler). What I know about models, then, is a result of, 1) sorry experience and 2) retailers who were kind enough to let me test run models through the years (thanks, fellas).

Ordering online has been a study in disappointment.

I have had the exact opposite experience. I've bought some of my best Gibsons online: L-00 Legend (dealer in Arkansas), Fuller's 1943 SJ Re-issue (dealer in California), 1959 ES-335 Historic (individual in NY), and 1968 ES 335-12 (dealer in Minnesota), as well as other non-Gibsons. I've also bought several other good ones on Craigslist (and driven a lot of miles to do it), including a 000-28 EC and a 1947 L-7.

Lucky, I guess.

I think Gibson is good at shooting themselves in the foot. They've been making it difficult for stores to stock their guitars for years. Even at places like GC it's rare to find more than 2-3 Gibsons at one time. Forget about trying to compare 2-3 J45s, etc. to each other. Consider yourself fortunate if you've actually got a couple Gibsons on site...... As far as buying online goes, I don't have any issues with it providing there's a good return policy and the dealer is trustworthy. My J100, Dove, J15, and Southern Jumbo, were all ordered online. Didn't play them or know how good they'd sound or how playable they were until I got them. Also, it's been pretty rare that I've ever had two of the same model to compare against each other. When I bought my Hummingbird a dozen + years ago, it was the only bird in the place. I guess it would be nice to have 2-3 of each model on site to choose from, but Fantasy Island only exist in the movies for the vast majority of us........ I don't know how good my guitars sound compared to everyone else's guitars. I just know I like them. How their sound compares to other guitars isn't something I spend time wondering about.

DON'T LIKE, DON'T READ.

Funny, that works for all the performance videos that some folks, not me, were griping about not long ago at all now.

Pretty simple, even gradeoners can figure that out.

You guys are fast becoming a teeny weeny version of the AGF. Maybe you shouldn'ta traded yer sense of humor for that latest acquisition.

rct

But don't I have to read before I know if I like?

Is this a test?

Take your comfort dog and coloring books and Starbucks can be your safe place.

rct

NICE there's one right down the road, right near the Chinese buffet

Arr you can eat, Arr day rong,... tly pekin duck, arways extla clispy...

Archived