Gibson Brands Forums

10 hard chords you don't know

surfpup

God help me, but,, Son of a b... I want that tele!!!

Anyhows, I've use a few of them in some fingerstyle solo pieces I've managed to drum up.

Over all, there some excellent voicing going on here.

I played a few of those when I was at Musician's Institute but rarely use them. The stretches aren't too bad since I have pretty long fingers anyway. Diary of a Madman by Ozzy has some interesting fingerings and stretches but not as torturous as these. Can't wait to try them when I get home to see if I can still do them almost 30 years later.

BTW - B7 add 13? :-k

It's B13. IMO.

If I'm cypherin from old memory correctly, the chord gets one extension, in this case the 7th. Anything else is "add".

No opinions in music construction trade, just math and rules.

rct

If I'm cypherin from old memory correctly, the chord gets one extension, in this case the 7th. Anything else is "add".

No opinions in music construction trade, just math and rules.

rct

OK I removed the IMO.

B13 is B7 with 9, 11, 13. Though you most likely wouldn't include 11 anyway. "Add" is usually used for the triad with an added chord tone.

OK I removed the IMO.

B13 is B7 with 9, 11, 13. Though you most likely wouldn't include 11 anyway. "Add" is usually used for the triad with an added chord tone.

B7 add 13 would be B7 plus the 6th above the first octave, no 2nd and 4th above the octave. That's what I remember, which could be wrong.

rct

Archived