Gibson Brands Forums

Exceedingly Bored Men

SteveFord

Did you ever find yourself so bored that you're looking at guitars for sale online, you go "oooh, that's a good price!" and then you realize that you have the exact same model and color strapped around your neck at that very moment?

I did that today!

I need a vacation.

Did you ever find yourself so bored that you're looking at guitars for sale online, you go "oooh, that's a good price!" and then you realize that you have the exact same model and color strapped around your neck at that very moment?

I did that today!

I need a vacation.

I'd say, buy that guitar online. It doesn't hurt to have two, if you like it that much to have one in the first place. UtDkFpI.gif That almost sounded like Yogi Berra.

Ha! I've done that and worse, actually hitting a buy now for an old Guild M20 while playing mine, to get another just be able to compare the tone. Thought I could make 50 or 100 bucks. I lost 50 or 100 in that tricky market. That 'should I buy a guitar' flow chart that someone put up the other day was a great reminder of those weak moments. The question is always, will I do it again?

I did that today!

I need a vacation.

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds I may incriminate myself. 8-[

Nope.. but I do frequently walk up to strangers, get their attention with eye contact and ask them.. "Woa... So.. you can... actually... SEE me?" is that weird??

1511639824[/url]' post='1895169']

I did that today!

I need a vacation.

No, can't say I have. Sounds like your just tired and need a nap! This new chair my wife bought me for my art table keeps putting me to sleep every time I look at the computer.

The thought did occur to me to get some strap locks and I could have one red Lucille on the front and then have one red Lucille hanging upside down off of my back.

That way I could run around giving Low 5s to the crowd like they do at half time shows and not worry about neck breaks.

Buy It Now, hmmm...

Nope.. but I do frequently walk up to strangers, get their attention with eye contact and ask them.. "Woa... So.. you can... actually... SEE me?" is that weird??

Hahahahahahaha!!!! Are you wearing camouflage at the time when you do that?

I've seen guitars in pictures and said, "Hey, that's a pretty Les Paul" and then look at mine and it looks the same and I say, "Oh yeah. That's why I bought that one."

I always look at stuff (Strings, Guitars, Basses, Pups, Picks ect ect). It's like looking at a nice women's buttocks in yoga pants. I may not get to play with it but I can look at it.

In our current environment I'm not going to comment on the latter part of your remarks.. 8-[

FZ Fan, I did even worse. I accidentally nudged a coworker in the breast today with my elbow while we were in a crowded elevator, I guess it's time to turn myself in to Human Resources and meet my doom.

Back on topic, is it wrong to have a perfectly nice 2014 Firebird V but then want a Firebird V with nibs and then a Firebird V with a Lyre tail piece?

I keep trying to tell myself that they're actually quite different so it would be a sin to deprive myself.

P.S.

Those Telecasters are different colors so that doesn't count.

FZ Fan, I did even worse. I accidentally nudged a coworker in the breast today with my elbow while we were in a crowded elevator, I guess it's time to turn myself in to Human Resources and meet my doom.

Back on topic, is it wrong to have a perfectly nice 2014 Firebird V but then want a Firebird V with nibs and then a Firebird V with a Lyre tail piece?

I keep trying to tell myself that they're actually quite different so it would be a sin to deprive myself.

P.S.

Those Telecasters are different colors so that doesn't count.

[biggrin] Thanks Steve! [thumbup]

Archived