Gibson Brands Forums

Public Performance Tomorrow

Cabarone

So I'll be backing my wife singing a song at Church tomorrow. She's a great singer and has been trying to get me to start playing for her. I had to buy a strap and practice playing standing up. Last time I played in public was over 35 yrs. ago and I can't even remember which bar it was...

I'm asking y'all to keep a good thought/say a prayer, anything that it goes well...

So I'll be backing my wife singing a song at Church tomorrow. She's a great singer and has been trying to get me to start playing for her. I had to buy a strap and practice playing standing up. Last time I played in public was over 35 yrs. ago and I can't even remember which bar it was...

I'm asking y'all to keep a good thought/say a prayer, anything that it goes well...

I usually count 4 phantom bars before commencing to play ;)

I'm sure you & the missus will do fine. Hope you enjoy it.

just remember the 4 rules of playing in a church:

1) there's no such thing as too loud

2) you can never use too much gain

3) be "high energy" jump around alot, scream, and say things like "hell yeah" and "are you ready to rock?!!!" flick your tongue at the ladies, they LOVE that stuff!

4) your solo should be at least 48 bars, and should include tapping, pick scrapes, and high-speed alternate picking above the 12th fret.

Good for you! You'll make your wife proud! I predict it may be your ticket to get back to bar gigs😂

I can't believe somebody said something funnier than american cheez...I read these all to her while she's getting ready...thanks a million, all...

Just a follow-up...it went real well...everybody was excited about having live music (the praise team sings along to recorded songs; actually singing along w/records). Folks asked when I was going to play again...I told them to meet me at the club where the deacons and I were heading after worship......

Main thing is the praises went up...and no strings broke!

Thanks for the support...

just remember the 4 rules of playing in a church:

1) there's no such thing as too loud

2) you can never use too much gain

3) be "high energy" jump around alot, scream, and say things like "hell yeah" and "are you ready to rock?!!!" flick your tongue at the ladies, they LOVE that stuff!

4) your solo should be at least 48 bars, and should include tapping, pick scrapes, and high-speed alternate picking above the 12th fret.

awesome...

Archived