Gibson Brands Forums

J200 - 48 in stock

Mr. Paul

Firstly, "wow"! That's a lot of stock!

Secondly, I sure hope those are MSRP, or, at least not more than 10% off of MSRP, because those are some hefty price tags.

Thirdly, are they now charging $200 more for a sunburst finish over a natural? They used to be, IIRC, the same price.

Looks like a great store to go visit, someday.

Fred

I don’t know how accurate the info is but talking to Don a few years ago he said that the J 45 had been Gibson’s best seller sin 1942 followed by the Hummingbird.

Maple is a very hard sell to anyone who isn’t into it already and from what I can see most of these are Maple.

JC

I can believe that. I have a J-200, & a Dove.,but I also have a J-50, J-45, & a J-45 rosewood.

I love Maple, but I love me some J-45’s too.

The J-185 and its cousins have been out of production for quite some time now...

They are adding a J 185 to the Vintage Series for 2019.

I wonder if now would be the right time to re introduce the “thin body” J 180 of the early 60’s

Since they are doing thin bodied studio and AG models ... It would be cool to have option of a Vintage model with a similar body.

JC

Edited by JuanCarlosVejar

I wonder if now would be the right time to re introduce the “thin body” J 180 of the early 60’s

Since they are doing thin bodied studio and AG models ... It would be cool to have option of a Vintage model with a similar body.

I'd love to see anything that utilizes the basic J-185 platform. Imho, it's the perfect combination of having a 16" body that's large enough to be punchy - but also extremely comfortable in a seated position, given the very narrow waist.

Give me three, one each in rosewood, walnut, & mahogany (already have a maple) - short scale, of course!

• 3 weeks later...

Great inventory!

And yet, not a black (ebony) one in the bunch!?!

In fact, when I do a google search, I hardly ever find any!

I’m lucky I got mine when I did, but I guess no one orders them in black anymore?

I really dig the snake bit, cobra burst, vintage...actually ALL the bursts look gorgeous!

But there’s just something about a black jumbo that just looks cool!

Edited by Mrmajstyk