Gibson Brands Forums

Home Grown

Slogold

If you ask someone' date=' "Whats the first Drug you ever tried?" they usually say "Pot". However if you press them and ask, "What about Alcohol?" The answer is usually, "Oh Yeah, I was drinking Beer before I smoked." or "Yeah, my parents let me drink as long as I did it at home."

It's been my experience that Pot smokers are lightweights who can't handle the Heavy stuff. That's why they're Potheads, not Alcoholics. If you prefer heavy Drugs, you get to drink. If you want a lightweight buzz, it against the law!!!!! Yes, alcohol is a HEAVY DRUG. I never woke up next to a Toilet from smoking too much weed, but I have on Alcohol. I've never known anyone who Smokes a Joint and Started a fight with a Stranger inDenny's just to finish the night by Swinging on a Cop. But I do know a few Alcoholics who have done ecxactly that!

I'm not saying Weed a good Idea or Good for you or a miracle happy pill. But the "Gateway Drug" is Alcohol and we shouldn't mislead our kids because we like to Drink and don't want to blame our cocktails for teen drug use. Trying to stay sober your whole life is the "Best Way", but Good Luck with that. When you decide to tie one on, as every human in the world will do at one time or another in their expected lifetime, you're only legal choice is a drug that only compares to Heroin when it comes to Losing Judgment, Black Outs, Overdosing, and Hang Over. [/quote']

You make some good and true points, but pot is still a gateway drug. I've seen pot smokers go from pot -> hash -> opium -> coke -> mushrooms -> LSD -> crystal meth (I've never been around heroin users, but I could see that as next in line... throw crack in there too). The ones I've persoanlly seen in this mode some were also drinkers. I've never known a pot smoker who didn't drink too. My point is, had they not have smoked pot the may have never tried the hash & opium etc...

I think if you deny pot as a gate way drug you are only fooling yourself. To keep a balanced view I know there are some who never move on the heavier stuff.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried not to respond to this thread, but the thread just keeps pulling me back. I've been around for a few years and I've seen lots of stuff. I have seen/known many folks that smoke pot that are rabidly against alchohol. I've seen/known many folks that drink, that are rabidly against pot. I have known a couple of people that went from smoking pot to other drugs and I lost a friend and bandmate to a heroin overdose back in the late '80s. From my experience, people that do hard drugs, have addictive personalities and they will look for a high from whatever drug they can find, whether that's beer, wine, hard liquor, qualudes, mandrax, coke, heroin, paint thinner, perscription drugs or pot or any mixture of these or other drugs.

It seems to me that, if alchohol is legal and regulated, then pot should be legal and regulated too. The war on drugs hasn't stopped people from smoking pot, just like prohibition didn't stop people from drinking. The war on drugs doesn't/hasn't worked very well, maybe it's time for a new approach? I don't believe that we should decriminalize any of the other drugs because they are obviously dangerous to users and to society as a whole. Pot doesn't appear to be that dangerous. I've never known anyone to overdose on pot, I've never known anybody that got into a highspeed car accident because they were stoned, I've never known anyone to beat their wife, girlfriend or children because they were stoned, I've never seen anybody hurt anybody else when they were stoned.

There are millions of folks that have chronic pain or chronic disease that might be helped by pot, why deny the use of pot to adults that might benefit from it? Why should the government be able to say that it's okay to drink but not smoke pot? In the end, whether or not California legalizes the englun and taxes it, doesn't really matter. What matters is whether or not the fed decides to enforce federal law, federal law supercedes state law in this case.

In some cases in California there has been conflicting episodes throughout the state as a result Federal Law and State Law. It's funny.

San Diego's Mayor and DA are dead-set on prosecuting users based on Federal Law. In Los Angeles and I believe Oakland, the Federal DEA guys raided a bunch of the shops that were selling to people who have the "Card".

There's a doctor in Santa Barbara who will give anyone who is 18 with an owie or booboo, a prescription for pot. Of course that individual still has to go through the filing process with the county and state to get the "Card" in order to get their weed.

Some people are making a bunch of money off it and the government wants their cut.

Last Friday night at a high school soccer match I listened to a bunch of high school boys as one of their "older" friends walked up.

"Hey Bobby you got anything, man?"

"Hell yeah, you know I got the card."

That's the way it is here. All of these kids are turning 18, getting the "Card" and getting all of their younger friends high of scoring weed for those that don't have the card.

I see it all of the time.

Because I've been known to have a green thumb and can grow great fruits and vegetables here where I live, I've been approached by several people about growing for them.

Not going to do it. I have kids and I'm an educator. That's hypocritical and I'm not going down that road.

Doesn't matter what the state of Cali does, the feds will still bust your sorry butt.

They're busting growers left and right. Felony charges for everyone! YaY!

My BIL got busted last year, growing "medical" marijuana in northern Cali. He's looking at some MAJOR life changes. And yes, it appears he was selling to only one buyer, who is a medical pot distributor. So, the state can legalise child rape, and you will still go to jail for it.

Cali is a screwed up place. They give all their tax revenue to illegal aliens, and then try to make up for it by "legalising" drugs. What a bunch of idiots. Makes me proud to be from Texas.

Good for California, even if it is just for profit.

Now, I'm gonna say a bunch of things about weed. I said a lot so I tried to organize it. Sorry about the essay.

True Facts From Someone Who Smokes Everyday

-Weed is NOT dangerous.

-Weed is NOT addictive.

-Weed CAN NOT make you a bad person.

-Weed DOES NOT impair your driving unless it's your first time. (I smoke on the way to everything.)

-Weed actually keeps people on the couch and out of trouble unless that person likes to cause trouble naturally.

-Weed is safer and less powerful than alchohol, which can kill you in large amounts.

-Weed does not cause lung cancer if you smoke out of a bong or vaporizer (which both happen to get you the highest)

-You CAN NOT overdose on weed. Trust me, it gets to a point where you just pass out or it stops peaking. I've eaten a whole batch of brownies and smoked close to a half an ounce (14 grams) in one day and all it did was cause very minor hallucinations and a great time.

I am NOT saying weed is for everyone.

My Message To Californiaman

Now Californiaman, let me say, if a substitute had done that to me I would've done serious property damage once he'd forgotten about me, probably around 6 or 7 months later. Then again, I smoked at least one cigarette, coated myself in Axe bodyspray THEN Febreeze, and put Visine in my eyes so there's no way they would've known. My teachers who taught me everyday could only barely guess.

But Californiaman I tell you that because what you did was right and I agree with you, and I wanted to warn you incase the kid looked like a punk. The kid was, first of all, in a remedial class so he clearly needed some focus which he can't get if he's high. Secondly, he was a dumba$$ about it.

My motto is if you're going to smoke before you go somewhere, cover your eyes, breath, and stink. And don't call everyone dude.

Weed Is Only A Gateway Drug If You Have An Addiction Problem (Sugar and Caffeine count, sorry)

Now for all you little boys who think weed is some terrible drug, ITS NOT. It IS, however, a gateway drug to people who have addictive personalities. Like I said earlier in this post I have smoked and ingested ungodly amounts of weed nothing has happened except I have to smoke more or strains of headies (high quality weed.)

Now I have also done mushrooms and acid. Both were a million times better. I wouldn't say I did them because I smoked pot first. I did them because all of my musical idols did it and I wanted to understand what they were talking about in such great esteem. When you hear people like Hendrix and McCartney talking about acid like it's some type of mind enhancer you want to try it, especially when you can see how their music got better after they experimented with it.

Should Jimi Hendrix be illegal to listen to because he did acid and loved it? You could argue that these musical greats are more of a gateway to harder drugs than weed.

I would've smoked pot no matter what. I would not have done acid if I hadn't seen all the interviews where famous musicians talked about how it opened their mind. Not to mention there would be no Sgt. Peppers without acid (or coke McCartney was sniffin' the devils dandruff throughout the making of the whole album.)

DO NOT EVER DO ACID. I've done it waaay to many times and now I get flashbacks occasionally.

My Closing Statement

We've all seen homeless alcoholics and drug addicts on the streets of our cities, but none of them are potheads. A pothead is someone who smokes weed all the time and uses it recreationally. People who do other drugs are junkies and while they do smoke pot they do it rarely and only because they can't find anything else and they need their brain to release dopamine, which it can't do independently because hard drugs have destroyed the ability for the body to release it on its own.

So if you don't smoke weed, have some respect for the contributing members of society who do. Thanks and sorry about the essay again.

I tried not to respond to this thread' date=' but the thread just keeps pulling me back. I've been around for a few years and I've seen lots of stuff. I have seen/known many folks that smoke pot that are rabidly against alchohol. I've seen/known many folks that drink, that are rabidly against pot. I have known a couple of people that went from smoking pot to other drugs and I lost a friend and bandmate to a heroin overdose back in the late '80s. From my experience, people that do hard drugs, have addictive personalities and they will look for a high from whatever drug they can find, whether that's beer, wine, hard liquor, qualudes, mandrax, coke, heroin, paint thinner, perscription drugs or pot or any mixture of these or other drugs.

It seems to me that, if alchohol is legal and regulated, then pot should be legal and regulated too. The war on drugs hasn't stopped people from smoking pot, just like prohibition didn't stop people from drinking. The war on drugs doesn't/hasn't worked very well, maybe it's time for a new approach? I don't believe that we should decriminalize any of the other drugs because they are obviously dangerous to users and to society as a whole. Pot doesn't appear to be that dangerous. I've never known anyone to overdose on pot, I've never known anybody that got into a highspeed car accident because they were stoned, I've never known anyone to beat their wife, girlfriend or children because they were stoned, I've never seen anybody hurt anybody else when they were stoned.

There are millions of folks that have chronic pain or chronic disease that might be helped by pot, why deny the use of pot to adults that might benefit from it? Why should the government be able to say that it's okay to drink but not smoke pot? In the end, whether or not California legalizes the englun and taxes it, doesn't really matter. What matters is whether or not the fed decides to enforce federal law, federal law supercedes state law in this case.[/quote']

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've lost 13 friend in the last 15 years to hard drugs and booze. My buddy's that only smoked pot are computer programmers and such. Every band I've ever been in (except the last one I had to leave due to health) was destroyed in one way or another by hard drug and or alcohol. Never Pot though.

I tried not to respond to this thread' date=' but the thread just keeps pulling me back. I've been around for a few years and I've seen lots of stuff. I have seen/known many folks that smoke pot that are rabidly against alchohol. I've seen/known many folks that drink, that are rabidly against pot. I have known a couple of people that went from smoking pot to other drugs and I lost a friend and bandmate to a heroin overdose back in the late '80s. From my experience, people that do hard drugs, have addictive personalities and they will look for a high from whatever drug they can find, whether that's beer, wine, hard liquor, qualudes, mandrax, coke, heroin, paint thinner, perscription drugs or pot or any mixture of these or other drugs.

There are millions of folks that have chronic pain or chronic disease that might be helped by pot, why deny the use of pot to adults that might benefit from it? Why should the government be able to say that it's okay to drink but not smoke pot? In the end, whether or not California legalizes the englun and taxes it, doesn't really matter. What matters is whether or not the fed decides to enforce federal law, federal law supercedes state law in this case.[/quote']

You flaming liberal.

You make some good and true points' date=' but pot is still a gateway drug. I've seen pot smokers go from pot -> hash -> opium -> coke -> mushrooms -> LSD -> crystal meth (I've never been around heroin users, but I could see that as next in line... throw crack in there too). The ones I've persoanlly seen in this mode some were also drinkers. I've never known a pot smoker who didn't drink too. My point is, had they not have smoked pot the may have never tried the hash & opium etc...

I think if you deny pot as a gate way drug you are only fooling yourself. To keep a balanced view I know there are some who never move on the heavier stuff.

[/quote']

I never meant to deny pot was a Gateway drug. And I know a lot of older people who smoke and not drink, and among musicians it's very common.

I just wanted to make sure the Real Teen Killer was included when discussing drug use, or a young person might start to think they drugs are bad, but it's ok to drink in moderation. NO NO NO, alcohol is one of the most addictive substances in our culture and the only one we share with our children on "Special Occasion". And I've seen more than enogh of my friends go from Alcohol-pot-speed-ruin. Everyone of them that kicked the Speed habit, still drink heavily and ussualy profess that they are "Clean". What they're really saying is "I'm finally Legaly Intoxicated". The only people I know who Overdosed and are now dead, are 1 from Heroin, 7 from Alcohol. I'm not saying heroin is better than alcohol and should be just as legal, I'm saying Alcohol should be in the Addiction Disscussion, 'cause it kills more than all the controlled subsnces put together, and is the only one you can get in COSTCO. There's enough Alcohol in COSTCO to kill all the shoppers twice.

I never meant to deny pot was a Gateway drug. And I know a lot of older people who smoke and not drink' date=' and among musicians it's very common.

I just wanted to make sure the Real Teen Killer was included when discussing drug use, or a young person might start to think they drugs are bad, but it's ok to drink in moderation. NO NO NO, alcohol is one of the most addictive substances in our culture and the only one we share with our children on "Special Occasion". And I've seen more than enogh of my friends go from Alcohol-pot-speed-ruin. Everyone of them that kicked the Speed habit, still drink heavily and ussualy profess that they are "Clean". What they're really saying is "I'm finally Legaly Intoxicated". The only people I know who Overdosed and are now dead, are 1 from Heroin, 7 from Alcohol. I'm not saying heroin is better than alcohol and should be just as legal, I'm saying Alcohol should be in the Addiction Disscussion, 'cause it kills more than all the controlled subsnces put together, and is the only one you can get in COSTCO. There's enough Alcohol in COSTCO to kill all the shoppers twice.[/quote']

+2 I was going to +1 your original post but forgot so I gave you 2 as to make up for it.

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've lost 13 friend in the last 15 years to hard drugs and booze. My buddy's that only smoked pot are computer programmers and such. Every band I've ever been in (except the last one I had to leave due to health) was destroyed in one way or another by hard drug and or alcohol. Never Pot though.

Dont yall get it???=P~

Pot is where it starts. How many crack addicts are there that started with crack?

Its like telling a lie. They start little and then explode.

I never meant to deny pot was a Gateway drug. And I know a lot of older people who smoke and not drink' date=' and among musicians it's very common.

I just wanted to make sure the Real Teen Killer was included when discussing drug use, or a young person might start to think they drugs are bad, but it's ok to drink in moderation. NO NO NO, alcohol is one of the most addictive substances in our culture and the only one we share with our children on "Special Occasion". And I've seen more than enogh of my friends go from Alcohol-pot-speed-ruin. Everyone of them that kicked the Speed habit, still drink heavily and ussualy profess that they are "Clean". What they're really saying is "I'm finally Legaly Intoxicated". The only people I know who Overdosed and are now dead, are 1 from Heroin, 7 from Alcohol. I'm not saying heroin is better than alcohol and should be just as legal, I'm saying Alcohol should be in the Addiction Disscussion, 'cause it kills more than all the controlled subsnces put together, and is the only one you can get in COSTCO. There's enough Alcohol in COSTCO to kill all the shoppers twice.[/quote']

I understand what you're saying and I agree. This is often a touchy subject because many have lost good friends due to drugs/alcohol; it hits our emotional wall. If I didn't know better, I'd say homz started this thread but I know he didn't.

Dont yall get it???

Pot is where it starts. How many crack addicts are there that started with crack?

Its like telling a lie. They start little and then explode.

No No No NO NO NO NO NONOOOOOO

Crack addicts used to blow coke but can't afford coke anymore so they buy crack.

Heroin addicts used to pop Oxycontin but can't afford Oxys anymore ($80 a pill) so they buy heroin (5-7 bucks a hit)

Now I don't feel like giving you a whole lesson on drugs, but weed is a minor natural hallucinogen. It's in the same family as Mushrooms, so the logical jump would be to that. Considering that Mushrooms aren't addictive either pots pretty safe unless you're a TOTAL DUMBA$$. In fact after a good mushroom trip you don't want to trip again for a while, you want sober recovery time.

Now Callen3615, I like you, but you just don't understand man. You've never smoked. You can't talk about something that you've never done. There are a bunch of nice pot smokers here who are trying to tell you the facts so you don't. We aren't saying go buy a bong and an 8th but we are saying it would be safe if you wanted to.

Drugs are bad. Weed isn't. Most drugs are processed and created by humans. Most weed is grown naturally and sold as is or just sprayed with water so it has more weight. I can tell when weed has been grown wrong or laced, I grow myself.

Listen guys, I dont think pot will kill you or make you crazy and murder 13 people. I just know from all the people I know that do it that they are all useless. I know one dude who was a great athlete, basketball, football, and golf. He started smoking pot in his senior year, he quit all sports, quit hanging out with me. All he wanted to do was get stoned, hes now 21 he lives at home, doesnt have a job. He plays video games and smokes all day. I know probably 10 guys like this.

Now Callen3615' date=' I like you, but you just don't understand man. You've never smoked. You can't talk about something that you've never done.

[/quote']

Dude, I dont have a problem with you. If you smoke great, I dont care. I dont do it. I stay away from cigarettes, alcohol, and drugs. I want to live a long life. I just think that smoking pot wont help you get/keep a job or help you get an education, or help you raise kids.

Some people are dumb. Some people aren't.

Smart people smoke weed. Dumb people smoke weed too.

Some people abuse it or substitute it for things they once loved, some people get high on a Saturday night and watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force while giggling and gobbling up slices of deli meat.

I use it as a power-up. When I smoke I still get everything done, except I get it done with a big smile.

Also potheads who don't have jobs can't afford good weed. I grow my own now but I worked hard to be able to afford the finest greens around. Also note that the better the weed, the less likely you are to just sit around. Good weed makes you want to see the world.

Dude' date=' I dont have a problem with you. If you smoke great, I dont care. I dont do it. I stay away from cigarettes, alcohol, and drugs. I want to live a long life. I just think that smoking pot wont help you get/keep a job or help you get an education, or help you raise kids. [/quote']

Props on staying clean, do so your whole life. I don't think pot helps any of those things really, but it does help frequent smokers play guitar better, makes food taste better, and makes sex better. The only downside is when you sacrifice the things you love for weed instead of enhancing them with weed.

Don't take what I'm saying offensively either, I just feel the need to campaign for better understanding of weed since it is like night and day with all other mind altering substances. If all drugs were sports cars weed would be a Volvo.

Cali is a screwed up place. They give all their tax revenue to illegal aliens' date=' and then try to make up for it by "legalising" drugs.[/quote']

Yeah, Greedy, social services sucking illegal aliens from mexico have destroyed our state.

Here's something else. The 14th Amendment requires we give citizenship to all babies born in the US, even if the mother and father are illegal.

Anyone want a new amendment to the Constitution?

I do.

Homz would call me intolerant.

On this issue, I'll wear that badge Homz.

Archived