Gibson Brands Forums

One Gibson and One Martin only

MorrisrownSal

3 hours ago, ThemisSal said:

As it turns out... the topic is now moot.

alls I need is one guitar. Part Gibson Part Martin. You say it can’t be done? Not so fast...

Gibson Country Western Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar 1968
https://reverb.com/item/22060586-gibson-country-western-dreadnought-acoustic-guitar-1968?utm_source=ios-app&utm_medium=share

Well there you go. Something for everyone.   1 1 /2" nut though.

On 5/19/2019 at 6:51 PM, BluesKing777 said:

Voted "Other" and "Other" but there are also "Others".

Just wanted to join in the fun.

1937 Gibson L-0:

5mcsGInh.jpg

2016? Martin OM18 Authentic:

Wr7dHwkh.jpg

BluesKing777.

You sure that’s an OM and not a 000 (same body size, but different scale). I thought OM had teardrop pickguards. By the way, those would be my exact choices. Either a 000-18 or a 000-28 and an L-0 or an L-00.

1 hour ago, pauloqs said:

You sure that’s an OM and not a 000 (same body size, but different scale). I thought OM had teardrop pickguards. By the way, those would be my exact choices. Either a 000-18 or a 000-28 and an L-0 or an L-00.

Yep, one OM18 Authentic 1933

https://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/authentic-series/om-18-authentic-1933/

BluesKing777.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, ThemisSal said:

alls I need is one guitar. Part Gibson Part Martin. You say it can’t be done? Not so fast...

https://reverb.com/item/22060586-gibson-country-western-dreadnought-acoustic-guitar-1968?utm_source=ios-app&utm_medium=share

Moot ?

On 5/23/2019 at 1:35 AM, ThemisSal said:

I sort of want that guitar...it's like the dog at the pound with wonky ears that nobody wants to take home.

• Like 1

So...

After my two Gibsons sell, and with a few others I have sold... I should have a nice little purse. I will be left with two Martins... an old D15 and a 000-28.

My plan is this... I have my eyes open for one good special Gibson. My thoughts are a Bird. I often look at what’s available in Nashville... with the idea that if the right Bird or Gibson showed up... I’d take the trip for a weekend, play it, and see what happens.

Anyways, my herd has shrunk, and I feel a little liberated. I’m playing a gig Friday night with my old D15 and it’s Baggs pickup. I haven’t done that in a while.

i think I want to have this more thoughtful approach to what I get... and make it only the three in total... seems better than the scattershot, “heck ill give this one a try” approach.

by the way... if you want my Gibsons, they are consigned at RUSSO’s. I tried listing them, but they were a pain... the emails and fraud...

50 minutes ago, ThemisSal said:

So...

After my two Gibsons sell, and with a few others I have sold... I should have a nice little purse. I will be left with two Martins... an old D15 and a 000-28.

My plan is this... I have my eyes open for one good special Gibson. My thoughts are a Bird. I often look at what’s available in Nashville... with the idea that if the right Bird or Gibson showed up... I’d take the trip for a weekend, play it, and see what happens.

Anyways, my herd has shrunk, and I feel a little liberated. I’m playing a gig Friday night with my old D15 and it’s Baggs pickup. I haven’t done that in a while.

i think I want to have this more thoughtful approach to what I get... and make it only the three in total... seems better than the scattershot, “heck ill give this one a try” approach.

by the way... if you want my Gibsons, they are consigned at RUSSO’s. I tried listing them, but they were a pain... the emails and fraud...

What about a 1963 Gibson Hummingbird and a short trip to Waterloo, Ontario, Canada?

http://www.folkwaymusic.com/vintage-instruments/gibson-guitars/1963-gibson-hummingbird-0419/

BluesKing777.

31 minutes ago, ThemisSal said:

Neat guitar! Except for the bedazzle gun?

I thought you would be up to it after your recent foray into Woodstockia....

Matching hat, boots and you are in! Then Nashville, you said.

I might buy it myself.

Guitar looks very, very clean. If not this one, what about a vintage Bird?

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777

I have 2 Martins and 2 Gibsons; D-35, D-18, J45 and an AJ. I really love them all equally and really don't think I could go down to only one of each, but if I had to I'd pick...actually I can't pick. The D-18 and AJ are both KILLER flat picking and Bluegrass guitars, and the J45 and D-35 are so good for the singer/songwriter stuff. Impossible decision!