Gibson Brands Forums

Itchin' to see

vacamartin

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Paul14 said:

Nothing so sweet as having a Gibson approved by Gibson haters. Left that forum years ago!

Man, I read all of those post's and only saw a few snarky ones. Which is pretty normal for any forum. 

The responses were almost all pretty darned positive AND it went 3 pages pretty quick.

4 hours ago, Murph said:

Man, I read all of those post's and only saw a few snarky ones. Which is pretty normal for any forum. 

The responses were almost all pretty darned positive AND it went 3 pages pretty quick.

Great to finally find a post on the new G-45 standard.  Should of been in this forum!  Got to take it where ya find 'em😉

4 hours ago, Murph said:

A few is to many for me! This is the kind of stuff I’m taking about.

“ had been eagerly awaiting these because I genuinely haven’t liked almost anything Gibson has done in decades “

1 hour ago, kelly campbell said:

Being a Gibson guy I too look forward to seeing what they are like.  Seems odd that there is info on other sites yet it is not been officially rolled out here on Gibson.com.

Yup......hoping to get my hands on one, soon[thumbup]

I wonder what the difference is between the G45 standard and the J45 studio is besides the standard having a richlite bridge and fingerboard and the J45 studio (and the G45 studio for that matter) having a walnut bridge and fingerboard, and the fingerboard inlays? From what I can see I dont understand why the G45 standard is cheaper than the J45 studio. Maybe its because J comes after G in the alphabet therefore must also be higher in the price 🧐JK

I love the look of these. The one in the AGF thread is stunning. I don't go for satin finishes generally and that Sonitone would be out of there in a flash, but otherwise I could really see myself owning one of these. I've missed the Walnut tone since I parted with my J15 in '17 and one of these could be a great replacement, especially with the thinner body profile...that really appeals to my shoulder issues too.

1 hour ago, Leonard McCoy said:

How much can you water down the J-45 to meet a certain low price point until it becomes a huge mess? I wish Gibson would not engage in compromising their ideals and standards to that end which is ultimately short lived, short sighted.

I don't know - I'm excited about it, and can be just within reach of some who would really love a Gibson and can't go for a full dollar J45 or bird or a stepping stone for someone undecided.  They do need to match the strategy with a quality product though, I'm routing for it

A new J-45 is a stretch financially for a lot of people. I think the G-45 is a great guitar for a young person, or someone on a budget. Even a gigging musician as a main guitar or back up. There's plenty of competition out there in the sub $1500 range and I think it's great Gibson is producing an all USA built guitar below that price point.  If it helps keep Gibson in business for years to come I'm all for it.

Archived