Gibson Brands Forums

Howdy From Texas!

Buc McMaster

New to the forum here! I live on the Gulf Coast, work like a dog for a living and play guitar, write and sing for kicks. My guitar of choice, acoustically speaking, is a SJ200 Western Classic with a K&K Pure Western Mini pickup installed. Plug it into a Fishman Solo amp straight up with a George L cable........simple is nice! Been playing since 1972 and in the past have owned and played Martins, Ovations, Taylors, Gretsches and some others I can't remember.

Anyway, hope to be able to learn and contribute here with you Gibson folks!

sj200-2.jpg

Buc

Welcome to the forum. I just recently joined myself after lurking for some time. Nice guitar bet you can pound out some Gary P. Nunn or Larry Joe Taylor tunes. I'm from south Texas myself (the brush country) snakes, prickly pear and armadillos.

Fred

Welcome to the Forum. I love that guitar of yours, even if it is bass ackwards!! lol I spent some time in San Antonio but unfortunately it was at Ft. Sam Houston going through Basic Combat Medic School. I did have a rather lengthy stay in the hospitality room at the Lone Star Brewery however. Yee haw!!!

Welcome, from the Great White North! The one and only time I've ever been to Texas was a few years back I had a stopover at that airport in the shape of a wagon wheel..... Dallas Fort Worth? It was a monday early morning flight and everyone on the flight down was wearing suits, cowboy boots, and cowboy hats, and had newspapers rolled up under their arms. Trouble is, I couldn't tell if they were leaving Calgary or going home to Texas!

Remember the Alamo!

My grandpaw was from Victoria & gave me my first guitar. He was a blind dude who used to play all over in touring western swing bands back in the ooold days of Mexican radio & all. He sold Billy Gibbons's band their first pro gear. I like Texas ( I miss enchiladas real bad!!)

Welcome to the forum, How. Congratulations for the excellent guitar choice of yours!

May this guitar give you much joy!!!

Do you have your songs anywhere to listen your playing & singing?

Do you have your songs anywhere to listen your playing & singing?

A couple tunes.........

The Front Page Song I wrote in the 80's about the media. Still applicable today. Recorded with part of my last band.

Helldorado Sad song with a Tex-Mex flavor commenting on the apathy of our society through and old west scenario. Just some studio friends and I did this one.

Archived