Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Forum Spam Threads?

So I just went to the newly posted threads and saw that someone just created a non guitar related, fraudulent looking, probably against forum rules, Topic. Does this happen often? And if so, do the moderators ban accounts like that or just a slap on the wrist? This kinda makes me think that this forum needs tighter security, a backround check, drug test, and a general checkup may be necessary to keep this from happening. But seriously, is this an ongoing problem or is this a fluke thats normally taken care of quickly?

Edited by TheLeadFlatpick

14 hours ago, TheLeadFlatpick said:

So I just went to the newly posted threads and saw that someone just created a non guitar related, fraudulent looking, probably against forum rules, Topic. Does this happen often? And if so, do the moderators ban accounts like that or just a slap on the wrist? This kinda makes me think that this forum needs tighter security, a backround check, drug test, and a general checkup may be necessary to keep this from happening. But seriously, is this an ongoing problem or is this a fluke thats normally taken care of quickly?

Which thread are you referring to?

12 minutes ago, duane v said:

folks

The recent spam bomb has been eradicated. 

Thanks for reporting.... I just realized I can moderate and effectively deal with spam through my smart phone, which I couldn't do on the old forum setup.

thank you Duane!

1 hour ago, TheLeadFlatpick said:

If these spam posts keep coming someone may quit their moderator job after tonight, it just keeps rolling in

Is it bothering you that much?  The only reason I know about it is because you keep posting about it.

Edited by Black Dog

11 hours ago, Black Dog said:

Is it bothering you that much?  The only reason I know about it is because you keep posting about it.

Its not just one or two threads, Im pretty sure theres well over 100 now. At first I thought I must have changed my language preference

Edited by TheLeadFlatpick