Gibson Brands Forums

The Faded Club

Thundergod

2007 CSB. It's a cellphone pic, but turned out pretty well. Mineral streaks are more visible in person. Standard Faded tops have much more "character" than most LP's. Great guitars.

SNC00005.jpg

I also have a 2009 "GC exclusive" satin ebony Studio which qualifies as a faded. No pics at the moment.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. Yellow seems more prominent on mine than most of the other CSB's posted in this thread. Kind of surprises me. I've had this for a little less than 2 years and paid quite a bit more than what I saw them going for when still in production. Should have bought it sooner!

Thanks. Yellow seems more prominent on mine than most of the other CSB's posted in this thread. Kind of surprises me. I've had this for a little less than 2 years and paid quite a bit more than what I saw them going for when still in production. Should have bought it sooner!

who cares at least you have it msp_flapper.gif

i still love itmsp_love.gif

this one is randomeusa_boohoo.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hey jmurph69, what's the LCPG # of your guitar?? I recently bought #078 from '07. Awesome Corsa mods, mine had the Faber bridge replaced with a Japanese built bridge, but I have a Faber on the way from Mr.Corsa. Will post pics upon completion of my Peter Green.

DJ

Hi DJ,

Sorry it took so long for a reply but I have not been on this forum in awhile. It is #235. Please post some pics when you can. Some very impressive guitars come out of Larry's shop, I am sure yours will be no different. I know I cherish mine. Put me in the very happy customer category.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there good people.

Been a member of the forum for a while (after some serious lurking)but not posted until now.

Thought it was time to say HI to all.

Have owned my 09 Standard Faded since just before last Christmas........been trying to get up some photos of it but haven't managed to work out how to do it (the only photos I have turned out to be much too big to post ......... though i saw that one of the guys above posted a cell-phone photo , so I mighth borrow my sons phone to see if that works out any better).

Actually first became aware of the "fadeds" about 3 yrs ago.There was one in my local guitar shop (who were phasing out their Gibson range at the time) and they were offering it at a really low price (£800...and most standards then were about £1300 or so).

By the time I had saved enough the guitar had been sold......i then found out that they were being discontinued so thought I had missed the chance to get one.

Never gave them another thought until last Christmas when I was pricing up a Strat.......and saw a beautiful faded hiding in among some Epis and Tokais.

Just couldn't leave it there (wasn't gonna miss out again).

She looks cool and plays great.

I will try to post pics soon (so i can feel like a real member of the Faded Club)

Hi to all once again

Porcs

All the faded Gibson's I've tried felt like they were finished with house paint.

Probably are! LOL My '50's Tribute "Gold Top" (top) smells like Enamel,

rather than "Nitro." It doesn't seem to "react" like Nitro, either...

compared to my other LP's which are, definitely, Nitro. So, who knows,

what they're using, on the Faded or lower end models, these days? [razz]

CB

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I need help. I did it again, bought another Faded Special, this time in black. I shouldn't have done it, really shouldn't of, but......I'm addicted.

Came with Gotoh tuners and Earvana nut, but everything else is stock.

The only thing about it, which may be good or bad depending on how you look at it, is it smells like cigarettes and booze. Like it's been in a million bars. I cleaned it and sprayed air freshener in the case and it still smells. Now it just smells like a clean bar.

Oh well, this one might become my project/mods guitar. Hmmm, refinish? burstbuckers or '57's? speed knobs? or maybe I'll just play it to death. (probably what I'll end up doing)

I need help.

Funny thing though, I weighed it on a digital scale and it weighs over 2 lbs. more than my other Special and they're both 2003 models.

Now I wonder why? Denser wood?

0C0b3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Welcome, and congratulations! Nice looking Faded Studio. [thumbup] How does it sound?!

CB

******* amazing! SOOO much sustain. I didn't bother plugging it in at GC, I know how Burstbuckers sound. But, what I wasn't expecting was how it would sound plugged into my Mesa. WOW! Just WOW! Gibson + Mesa FTW!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I missed this thread, but since you dragged it up, I guess I should add mine. An '07 Standard Faded LCPG #82.

Beautiful Faded for sure! I think I like better then mine...... Sweet.

I want to have Larry do the Paul Green mod on my Std Faded, but I can't pull the trigger and ship my guitar away!

Beautiful Faded for sure! I think I like better then mine...... Sweet.

I want to have Larry do the Paul Green mod on my Std Faded, but I can't pull the trigger and ship my guitar away!

I'd recommend the Peter Green mod. Paul was a cousin who brush painted his guitars purple. You don't want that. :rolleyes:

Just kidding. Larry's a great guy. If you do decide to do it, I'm sure he'll make it as painless as possible. This guitar has changed my world. I'm very happy with it. I'm thinking of getting it a valentines day card. [wub]

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived