Gibson Brands Forums

The Faded Club

Thundergod

...so... what is it that you Faded lovers like so much about your fadeds?

The thing I like the most is the satin neck... I love those, they are faster with no need of being thin (I admit it, I like baseball bat necks).

I also like the fact that they had a really good price and it wasnt as hard to make the choice wether to mod them or not (as it would have been with a 4K CS lester).

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Hi Faded Club...

Here is my 2008 Faded originally purchased in October 2008 by a buddy who goes through guitars like I go through underwear :-) and he let me have it at 25% less than what he paid for it just 6 months before!!! I had the opportuntunity to buy a Studio a couple of years ago but did not like the feel of it and found it just way to heavy!!! But the moment I saw this Faded I fell in love with it... They are beautiful!!!

When I first got it I wasn't overly impressed with the action (I'm used to my Ibanez JS 700 where the strings just whisper over the frets) so I went to my local luthier and he set the action lower, set the intonation, put on some lock straps, and now it sings...

Another thing I find is that this guitar gets sweeter the more I play it...

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00083.jpg

Cheers!

Me too! I wish I had some $$$ when the Standard Faded was still available new. I used to drool then and I'm still drooling now.

Ya, there use to be a ton on eBay but that has changed of late. Your lucky to see 2 on any given day.

I was so glad to hear Gibson discontinued the 60's necks (because I have one), and then the whole model!

One day you will pay over 2k for one of these! Very special guitar IMHO. I sold my 2002 LP 1960 Classic to get the Faded I now have. Once I played it I knew it was a superior guitar and I had to have it! Mine was born on Feb 22nd of 2005.

The one that I got my hands on was 'On Special' just after they discontinued this particular model for the new post-August 2008 Faded, and they still have one (the exact same model as mine) on the wall at Steve's Music in downtown Montreal for $200 more... They're already going up in value! I like that!

Not willing to risk it getting damaged on its way south (way south), I'm also a "new stuff only" player, which means I have to go with current production stuff only, which means current prices as well... (I know... it sucks).

The doublecut faded with p90s... sadly yes... it is no longer produced (insert crying smiley here)

It's a shame (for me that didn't get one) 'cause it is a fine, good looking and great sounding guitar, and the price was a steal IMO. I guess they realized that and are going to relaunch it with some fancy name at double the price :'(

That looks stunning with the nickel covers on the standard faded

Awesome guitar Xinnix

Thank You. I like the covers too.

I thought about going with aged nickel but the guitar was essentially new and now they can age together.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

What happened to this thread?

Where's the rest of the eye candy?

Mine should be here during the week(I know it's passed customs 'cause I was just posted an update)and I'm shaking in antici........pation!

Bought it sight unseen which was a huge leap of faith but the US dollar vs. our Aussie $ at the moment is so strong that I've came out on top big time.

I just pray all will end well.

When it's here,I'll post my own.

So keep 'em coming...

Archived