Gibson Brands Forums

The only guitar lesson you'll ever need

Lars68

3 minutes ago, vacamartin said:

Isn't this guy Ricky Gervis?   Great Martin 😎

Reckon so. . . the video is from his channel. And- the mahogany 15 line is known for their warm tone, but thought they were meant to be econo, so surprised to see the cut diamond fretboard inlay.

2 hours ago, vacamartin said:

Isn't this guy Ricky Gervis?   Great Martin 😎

Yes this is the English comedian Ricky Gervais.  He's doing these clips in character, as David Brent from the TV show The Office (the original English version). It is not supposed to be taken seriously, by the way...

Lars

Edited by Lars68

47 minutes ago, billroy fineman said:

What part of monty python wasn't real?

The beginning to the end.  Well the killer rabbit was real, but the rest not so much. I would have liked to stick around for the oral sex though.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I think it's called comedy people. 

If your taking it seriously then you must think Monty Python's The Holy Grail was what really happened.

You mean the Black Knight wasn't real? Ricky Gervais is no John Cleese, but that's just me.

(The irony font is missing on my computer.)

A moose once bit my sister.

edit: The irony is that this was the very first guitar lesson my wife ever watched, circling back to billroy's thread. 🙂 

One of the funny memories from when my Son was a wee lad was when he discovered the item in his left hand, when beaten on a steel shovel, sounded like a bell. I'm two stories up on a ladder taking down holiday decorations when my 4-year old walks through the yard with his clanking device yelling out "Bring out your dead!!!"  Good times.

Edited by PatriotsBiker

58 minutes ago, j45nick said:

You mean the Black Knight wasn't real? Ricky Gervais is no John Cleese, but that's just me.

(The irony font is missing on my computer.)

Your right the Python's were and are 10 times funnier than him. But the English Office was 10 times better than the American one.

Irony is a big 75 cent word. I only have a Liberal Arts Degree and words like that baffle me.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

• 2 months later...

No, no, no - it's not Ricky Gervais,  it's Nigel Tufnel using his real name and "tapping in" (so to speak) into his new career as an acoustic-folkie, currently teaching but soon to start making Americana music as only the man from Squatney can.  Isn't he still best known for playing his 1948 Les Paul through a Maytag washer to create the swirling sounds on Intravenus de Milo?

Hell, Lars, I thought I was going to finally learn something.  This ain't nuthin' new to me.  I already make stuff up as I'm playing.  Been doing it for over 55 years now.  I know hundreds and hundreds of chords and they all come off of C or G.  Once I think I played an F# or something like that....Sorry not tryin' to brag or confuse the folks in here.......................Thanks a lot, Lars!  Next time, put on something I can play along with----maybe Roy Clark doing "Malagueña."

• 2 months later...