Gibson Brands Forums

Thing That Make You Go Hmmmm

Sgt. Pepper

18 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Piped crowd noise at the NFL games on today along with cardboard cutouts for fans.

This is going to be a disaster.

If the Giants win the Super Bowl because the opposition is hospitalized does it still count?

Maybe this will be the Lions year if the opp gets an outbreak. But no, I seriously hate the lions. Lions fans... hmmmmmmmm just why

7 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

They have also "said on the news"  that the 'expert' who traced 266,796 people to Sturgis   is an  ECONOMICS Professor who used various models in construction his GUESSTIMATE, including modeling based on assumptions of how many people came to Sturgis already infected.  He did not consider how long it takes for symptoms to appear or how many people came later during the rally instead of assuming they all came on the first day.    See attached if curious:    https://slate.com/technology/2020/09/sturgis-rally-covid19-explosion-paper.html  

Oh, I agree pretty much there.  I'm sure many came carrying the virus & didn't know they had it. And it spread like wildfire while there.  I know Dan left from home ok as he and Kathy stayed home isolated pretty much and came back sick. The sad part is all the spreading of it to the locals there who didn't"t want the rally to happen. Then think all the rest areas and gas stations, restaurants & places coming back home. Who really knows the numbers? 

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

Good vibes sent to Dan, hope it all turns out ok.

Thanks for the best wishes. Deb's step dad told her he was feeling a little better but then Marvin has a bit of dementia so we don't know if he really Knows.  No one can check in on Dan yet as he was isolated. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Piped crowd noise at the NFL games on today along with cardboard cutouts for fans.

If the Giants win the Super Bowl because the opposition is hospitalized does it still count?

I think as long as they played in the game.

The LV Raiders won today. I grew up in The Bay Area as despise the 49ers (that is not what I usually call them).  I've supported The Raiders in Oakland, LA, back to Oakland and now Vegas. Damn when they are finally playing in front of people what a good excuse to go to Vegas.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

You could probably get a good seat.  If Security starts nosing around just pretend you're a cardboard cut out.

The only thing you can do is laugh about what a disaster everything is.  We've turned into the Remedial Reading Class of the planet.

Back to trying to wear the frets out on this Explorer.  I don't know why I like this goofy looking thing as much as I do but I sure play it enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retired said:

Oh, I agree pretty much there.  I'm sure many came carrying the virus & didn't know they had it. And it spread like wildfire while there.  I know Dan left from home ok as he and Kathy stayed home isolated pretty much and came back sick. The sad part is all the spreading of it to the locals there who didn't"t want the rally to happen. Then think all the rest areas and gas stations, restaurants & places coming back home. Who really knows the numbers? 

Yeah. Probably a half a million. 

Thanks for the best wishes. Deb's step dad told her he was feeling a little better but then Marvin has a bit of dementia so we don't know if he really Knows.  No one can check in on Dan yet as he was isolated. 

Yes it's extra sad when your loved ones can't even see you.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Now I find that funny. If I was in charge I'd just use a single 'polite applause' sample for everything.

And the cardboard cutouts would have to be of naked people.

You may have guessed I'm not much into sport.

Edited by merciful-evans
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Now I find that funny. If I was in charge I'd just use a single 'polite applause' sample for everything.

And the cardboard cutouts would have to be of naked people.

You may have guessed I'm not much into sport.

The sport comment, Me either. But; If the card board cutouts,  as you say were of your favorite movie star actresses, Well? I might watch a game or two!! Lol  Oh and  Ban any guy cutouts also. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Yes it's extra sad when your loved ones can't even see you.

I'm more worried about my 90 year old mom, than my wife's step sisters husband. My sister from Chicago has come back home with her family to live with mom. Neither her or her husband believe in wearing masks and they go out all the time and close distancing.  And mom doesn't believe the virus is real, She thinks it's a made up scare tactic from the media and won't listen to me or my wife. 

I'm more worried about my 90 year old mom, than my wife's step sisters husband. My sister from Chicago has come back home with her family to live with mom. Neither her or her husband believe in wearing masks and they go out all the time and close distancing.  And mom doesn't believe the virus is real, She thinks it's a made up scare tactic from the media and won't listen to me or my wife. 

This definitely make me go hmmm... quite the shame that people are so poorly misinformed. Well, unfortunately they’re not alone. I see a lot of people around my neck of the woods that believe all sorts of fake garbage and conspiracies these days. No saving them as far as I’m concerned.
Well, the virus is real and it does not care that you aren’t a believer. It wants your cells and by god it’ll get them eventually. SARS Cov2 is widespread here more than any place in the world and that’s sad because we only have 4.25% of the world’s population. Misinformation and poor leadership are to blame. Not saying we could eradicate it by doing better things but we wouldn’t have how many millions of cases we at least know about in top of the thousands and thousands of deaths... oh well, out of sight out of mind... losers. Sorry I hate people haha!

1 hour ago, NighthawkChris said:

This definitely make me go hmmm... quite the shame that people are so poorly misinformed. Well, unfortunately they’re not alone. I see a lot of people around my neck of the woods that believe all sorts of fake garbage and conspiracies these days. No saving them as far as I’m concerned.
Well, the virus is real and it does not care that you aren’t a believer. It wants your cells and by god it’ll get them eventually. SARS Cov2 is widespread here more than any place in the world and that’s sad because we only have 4.25% of the world’s population. Misinformation and poor leadership are to blame. Not saying we could eradicate it by doing better things but we wouldn’t have how many millions of cases we at least know about in top of the thousands and thousands of deaths... oh well, out of sight out of mind... losers. Sorry I hate people haha!

Then maybe you should get a dog.  

Winter must be coming real early this year as breeding season shouldn't start until after Thanksgiving.  Here they're already getting cozy in mid September.

One thing about reptiles, they know exactly what the weather is doing no matter where they are or how they're kept.

8 hours ago, Retired said:

I guess all you can do then is hope they stay safe. 

10 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

I would have thought that in this age of mass information, we shouldn't need a 'get real' campaign, but it looks like its had the opposite effect on society. The earlier remark about 50 year old children is valid. Why are people stubbornly refusing to be rational? 

2 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

I would have thought that in this age of mass information, we shouldn't need a 'get real' campaign, but it looks like its had the opposite effect on society. The earlier remark about 50 year old children is valid. Why are people stubbornly refusing to be rational? 

Honestly I’m lost for words on much of this business. It seems like people just started losing their minds. Such a hostile environment for conversation even. It’s like there’s no truth, those with the loudest voice chooses how to project reality onto others. Unfortunately I don’t like those today that have the loudest voices where I live. I’ve lived here for decades - all my life raised and born, I served this place, and I just cannot stand it. “Well just get out then” crap can retort to what I just said, but part of me loves my homeland and I just worry that there’s going to be a miserable future for my children. That’s really it. Not about me, the future of those I love the most. I don’t even want my kids to go to school because the threat of getting a potentially deadly or debilitating virus is there which could directly affect them or me (who needs to take care of them) or someone else. To deny this is lunacy plain and simple. I’m not an a-hole because I wear a mask and social distance. I’m doing it for the betterment of the people and ourselves in the process. And to be attacked for this... to be ridiculed... what have we come to I ask myself. This pandemic what was the last straw that broke the camel’s back for me aside from all the other idiotic garbage that has come about - from where I live. I hate that we can’t unite to fight this problem and the numbers clearly show it. 

I know I’m not entirely alone in this. Everyone has their challenges in this mess so there’s my sob story. I just deal with this crap best I can with my family. We have our health and each other so it could be worse. Been sheltering basically since mid March of this year of course. Do it because it’s the right thing to do the way I believe it. But you know, “Freedom! Liberty!” SMH. 

Edited by NighthawkChris
  • Thanks 3