Gibson Brands Forums

Thing That Make You Go Hmmmm

Sgt. Pepper

42 minutes ago, ghost_of_fl said:

I lived in long island for the first 32 years of my life and definitely don't remember that.  Recently? 

Yeah.  About 2 months ago. Corona Virus restriction she put in place.  Funny, I lived on LI for the first 18 years of mine.  "Escape From New York" !  

1 hour ago, fortyearspickn said:

Remember the Long Island NY  county executive  who passed an 'executive order'  whereby you were not allowed, when  playing tennis. to play doubles, or touch the other players balls?  Seems like I would try a neck shot to the line judge.  De-fund the cops, but ask them to patrol the country clubs - where the real crime is.    Masks are just another part of their strategy.   

amen brother...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

I live in an extremely red town and there's even an abundance of anti-mask signs littered around on the sides of the streets - for your pleasure.  These signs are also put out there by some group that has a site featuring all sorts of anti-vaxer stuff too as they have a website link to check out on them as well (was curious...).  I just SMFH today.  Ever feel like you are somewhere you don't belong - constantly?  My town is beautiful, but I wonder why I live where I do when I just don't buy into my neighbors' beliefs/values.  This place is in trouble... 

In the normal way of things, it would solve itself. The vax thing would result in health decline for those people. But with no masks, we all suffer as a result. 

A friend of mine is vehemently resentful of masks. He's only expected to wear it in a shop (mostly). Its not difficult. Now, nurses have to wear full PPE for a whole shift! Try that for 12 hours. So more people will potentially die because of unfounded resentment and willful ignorance. 

The planet is in trouble. 

If someone invades my space, I tell them off. They then get sh1tty about it and try to justify it; such as 'I cant pass you because my shoes cant go on grass'.  I'm glad we dont have guns here, coz I can imagine a minor massacre when someone snaps over social distancing. 

2 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

In the normal way of things, it would solve itself. The vax thing would result in health decline for those people. But with no masks, we all suffer as a result. 

A friend of mine is vehemently resentful of masks. He's only expected to wear it in a shop (mostly). Its not difficult. Now, nurses have to wear full PPE for a whole shift! Try that for 12 hours. So more people will potentially die because of unfounded resentment and willful ignorance. 

The planet is in trouble. 

If someone invades my space, I tell them off. They then get sh1tty about it and try to justify it; such as 'I cant pass you because my shoes cant go on grass'.  I'm glad we dont have guns here, coz I can imagine a minor massacre when someone snaps over social distancing. 

It’s just the blatant misinformation that goes on here. So much conspiracy and division. This mask thing should be a simple no-brainer, but you know... All I know is that the truth has been under intense assault since maybe oh, the 2016 timeframe. It’s never felt like it has over here since that time. Oh well, keeping it great over here I guess haha!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Lol it’s like what part of pandemic don’t you understand haha! Like 50+ year old children needed to be told to wear a mask haha! Even my 4 year old keeps his on the whole time in the store and covers his nose too. Props to him!

Guess I’m a sheep... I mean even in the military when all the soldiers can do what they think is alright against the sarges orders... Well sort of need to have everyone do the right things for the betterment of the population at times... not all about “liberty and freedom” when you’re being assaulted by an invisible enemy. Oh well I’ve fallen for the hoax... nothing more then the flu I guess. And I like sheep! They’re cute!

Edited by NighthawkChris
  • Like 2

Next week Cat Stevens or Abdul or whatever he is calling himself,  has completely re-recorded his classic album Tea For The Tillerman and its called...wait for it...Tea For The Tillerman 2. It is the all the same songs in the same order, just redone. I think he used as many people involved as he could on the first one on this one. I listened to the updated  Where Do The Children Play? (one of my fav Cat songs), and it was not better IMHO, and kind of lifeless. His voice is still good. The cover is now at night and the guy with the beard is in a space suit. I'm not making this up.

His first attempt at the album was really good, why mess with a classic?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 12:11 AM, Sgt. Pepper said:

How about people who wear masks driving alone in their car. You afraid your going to give the virus back to yourself?

Lol, I saw a couple of cases of that here and wondered why they are alone in the car wearing a mask? Yep...I wondered, Hmmm? 

My wife's step sister is Kathy. She is married to Dan who went to the Sturgis bike rally. Many were recorded on news saying they didn't want to get sick but the rally was worth the risk of the virus. They said on news a couple days ago that 266,796 people have tested positive and traced to Sturgis by peoples cell phones. Dan is one of them, and said he feels miserable and very sick and is in his 70's. He has a bad heart and health issues. The Rally is worth the risk? Obviously, he doesn't thing the same anymore and who knows who he spread it too.  Anyway. Things that make you think, Hmmmmm? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Retired said:

My wife's step sister is Kathy. She is married to Dan who went to the Sturgis bike rally. Many were recorded on news saying they didn't want to get sick but the rally was worth the risk of the virus. They said on news a couple days ago that 266,796 people have tested positive and traced to Sturgis by peoples cell phones. Dan is one of them, and said he feels miserable and very sick and is in his 70's. He has a bad heart and health issues. The Rally is worth the risk? Obviously, he doesn't thing the same anymore and who knows who he spread it too.  Anyway. Things that make you think, Hmmmmm? 

I hope he got to see Chumbawumba or Smash Mouth, which everone played there. That is worth it.

4 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

His first attempt at the album was really good, why mess with a classic?

Copyright issues you can bet.  Probably he owns the songs now and will get all the $$$ from the new versions.

17 hours ago, Retired said:

That says it all

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Retired said:

They have also "said on the news"  that the 'expert' who traced 266,796 people to Sturgis   is an  ECONOMICS Professor who used various models in construction his GUESSTIMATE, including modeling based on assumptions of how many people came to Sturgis already infected.  He did not consider how long it takes for symptoms to appear or how many people came later during the rally instead of assuming they all came on the first day.    See attached if curious:    https://slate.com/technology/2020/09/sturgis-rally-covid19-explosion-paper.html  

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Retired said:

That does say it all, again.

On 9/12/2020 at 1:24 PM, Retired said:

Good vibes sent to Dan, hope it all turns out ok.

• Like 1