Gibson Brands Forums

Dave "Megadeth" Mustaine has his own Gibsons

Sgt. Pepper

I really don’t know which Metallica albums are considered acceptable or not. I like Ride the Lightning but I’m sure there are a bunch of Metallica fans ready to “flame” me or whatever lol. It gets a little limp but has some cool stuff IMO

Dave Mustaine.. again I know nothing about him but those are cool looking guitars. The Gibsons look better than the Dean or Kramer

40 minutes ago, 'Scales said:

No, I'd suggest Lars' drumming is maybe his strongest attribute. [wink]

I guess lots of bands have that '3 album peak' where they can do no wrong - Powerage to Back in Black - Beggars Banquet to Sticky Fingers - .... Metallica just did it with their first 3 albums and it was then a pretty steady path they trod through to St Anger, Lulu and such.  

Zeppelin from the first one to Presence was a damn good long run and one was a double.

They guys who I have a Avatar for had a damn good run too, but they did let Ringo sing.  Their first 5 albums were better than what anyone else was doing and Rubber Soul to Abbey Road was everyone trying to catch up 6 months later. The Stones tried on Satanic Majesties but almost went over the edge and it was a mess. I'm not a huge fan of MMT. It had a few gems on it, but it was them lost after Brian died. Let It Be the lads didn't want released but still had some great stuff on it.  People think the White Album was to much. I love it. Rev #9 I can't take. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

In terms of the "most consecutive great studio albums in a row", no one beats Rush.  I know that I am more a Rush fan here than many others here who will take serious exception of certain "eras" of Rush's 40-year run.  Even so, my initial statement still stands.  The Stones had a good run starting with '68's Beggars Banquet (and ended with '74's  It's Only Rock and Roll).  Zep had I  to Presence.  Beatles had Revolver (some would argue Rubber Soul, but not me) to Let It Be (I love the White Album, by the way).  Based upon that, the Beatles score a "9", and that is very liberally including Hey Jude which was not a true album being really just a compilation of career-spanning  singles-only releases, and also Yellow Submarine since tracks 2-5 on side 1 were so exceptional.

And there there was Rush ... the only band to easily reach double digits when compared against this tough metric.  

Rush2409.jpg

13 hours ago, 01GT eibach said:

In terms of the "most consecutive great studio albums in a row", no one beats Rush.  I know that I am more a Rush fan here than many others here who will take serious exception of certain "eras" of Rush's 40-year run.  Even so, my initial statement still stands.  The Stones had a good run starting with '68's Beggars Banquet (and ended with '74's  It's Only Rock and Roll).  Zep had I  to Presence.  Beatles had Revolver (some would argue Rubber Soul, but not me) to Let It Be (I love the White Album, by the way).  Based upon that, the Beatles score a "9", and that is very liberally including Hey Jude which was not a true album being really just a compilation of career-spanning  singles-only releases, and also Yellow Submarine since tracks 2-5 on side 1 were so exceptional.

And there there was Rush ... the only band to easily reach double digits when compared against this tough metric.  

Rush2409.jpg

I would say from 2112 to Pictures it was all gravy. Caress Of Steel side two,  I just cant take. The first one was raw and I rarely give it a spin. Of course Working Man is the stand out track. Fly By Night was a solid effort. Rivendell . . . is well just awful. Once Signals came out I new it was the beginning of the end, but it was still listenable, and Grace Under Pressure was a little weaker and by Power Windows I could no longer take it. Big Money goes around the world Big Money take a cruise. Get the fuk out with that trash. And Geddy is a bassist not a Synth player.

So my question is what albums would you consider Rush's consecutive run? Me like I said 2112 to Pictures and maybe Signals. After that to me most of it was poo.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Rick Beato is getting a signature Gibson Les Paul Special DC

By Sam Roche January 04, 2021

The YouTuber lifted the lid on the new collaboration during his New Year's Eve livestrea

• Rick Beato

This guy is getting a sig model too. And why not I know he is knowledgeable. What albums is he on?

Well, they gave one to Lzzy Hale. To be fair, I have never heard her play. I'm just posting to state I think her name is Elsie rather than Lizzy, and she's just trying to hide it by omitting the "i". 

I have many theories and, apparently, more than enough time to think. 

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, jdgm said:

I can do that.  No problem.

Didn't he become a born-again Christian some years ago?

Yup, but that was years ago. He didn't turn into a raving fanatic, so I really didn't understand the hoopla. You know how it is, someone finds religion and EVERY - SINGLE - KEYBOARD WARRIOR has to blast him for it in comments fields when there's news on his band ("believes in fairytales, metal is atheism/Satan , I'm so evil in Mom's basement"). Predictable, boring, yawn, snooze. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Pinch said:

Yup, but that was years ago. He didn't turn into a raving fanatic, so I really didn't understand the hoopla. You know how it is, someone finds religion and EVERY - SINGLE - KEYBOARD WARRIOR has to blast him for it in comments fields when there's news on his band ("believes in fairytales, metal is atheism/Satan , I'm so evil in Mom's basement"). Predictable, boring, yawn, snooze. 

you didn't understand it but it was predictable? 

Dave's Dave and Dave's OK.

• Haha 1