Gibson Brands Forums

NGD!

Beerad12

I've been looking for a flying v for some time now and this 2000 limited edition v fit the bill. Plays amazing and looks even cooler. For a 21 year old guitar this thing is clean! Not even a smudge on the gold hardware. That is until I got it. It's been played more in the last few days than it likely did in the previous 20 years. 

20210401_134742_resized_1.jpg

• Like 2

I'm not a V guy but it does look in perfect condition - your pic makes the headstock look huge!

I was wondering about the stand then realised of course you can't put it in a rack like your other ones there. 

Nice collection by the look of it.  I think I spot a Firebird and what might be the sharp cutaway of an Explorer?

[thumbup]

9 minutes ago, jdgm said:

I'm not a V guy but it does look in perfect condition - your pic makes the headstock look huge!

I was wondering about the stand then realised of course you can't put it in a rack like your other ones there. 

Nice collection by the look of it.  I think I spot a Firebird and what might be the sharp cutaway of an Explorer?

[thumbup]

Thanks. Yeah the perspective looks funny from this angle. Once I bought it I thought uh oh, this wont fit in the current stands I have and sweetwater just restocked on the gibson branded stands so I figured why not! Yep, that's a firebird and explorer over there. The explorer while much newer than the v make a nice pair. Both natural finish.

32 minutes ago, Beerad12 said:

Thanks. It's a nice display stand. I almost like it more than the guitar. Alright, that's not true!

That's funny, though.  "Now check out this guitar stand!  Here, let me move this Flying V out of the way so you can see it better ..."

• Haha 2

Congratulations,  Beerad12.
That's a really great guitar!!

😛

In honor of this occasion, a limerick then;

Our friend got a Flying V
a prettier guitar I never did see
an object to cherish
but if he should perish,
I hope that he wills it to me!

Okay, I'm gonna shut up now. 
😔