Gibson Brands Forums

Cavemen Vs. Astronauts

Homz

I'm going with astronauts. New tech always wins over bruit force.

Bruit?

1. Any generally abnormal sound or murmur heard on auscultation.

3. Archaic. rumor; report.

4. Archaic. noise; din; clamor.

No wonder why they wouldn't win.

Bruit?

1. Any generally abnormal sound or murmur heard on auscultation.

3. Archaic. rumor; report.

4. Archaic. noise; din; clamor.

No wonder why they wouldn't win.

What happened to 2.

Cavemen have to do everything manually, walk everywhere, track and kill their prey. Astronauts float to a cabinet full of tubes for their food, and then float back to their chairs. I guess it all depends on the "battle". If the winner were decided by best SAT scores, then Astronauts. If we're go back to something Thunderdome style, then cavemen.

I know, I know. One of these days we're just going to have to get beyond thunderdome...

Cavemen have to do everything manually' date=' walk everywhere, track and kill their prey. Astronauts float to a cabinet full of tubes for their food, and then float back to their chairs. I guess it all depends on the "battle". If the winner were decided by best SAT scores, then Astronauts. If we're go back to something Thunderdome style, then cavemen.

I know, I know. One of these days we're just going to have to get beyond thunderdome...[/quote']

But Mel Gibson won in the Thunderdome because he out smarted his opponent. Who was a CaveMan type.

Yeah, but are cave men weakened by dog whistles? I think that's the deciding factor in this scenario. Years from now, nobody will be debating evolution vs. creation. The world will be split into two groups with different theories on the effects of a dog whistle on cavemen.

Homz, just ask yourself one question:

Who run barter town?

If you didn't say Master Blaster, I'm afraid I'm going to have to start the embargo.

Okay, I swear, that's my last Thunderdome reference.

waaaaaaaaaaaaalkaaaaaaaaaah......

waaaaaaaaaaaaalkaaaaaaaaaaah.....

ehh 40,00 years of evolution is nothing. We're about the same now as we were then, just a lot fatter, and a lot weaker. Early Homo sapiens has it. Now if we're talking neandertals, the astronauts are screwed no matter what.

Astronauts are also elite military men.

But they're not Elite Combat Troops.

The answer rests in the Circumstances. Do the Astronauts have modern weapons, have the Cavemen been introduced to Modern Weapons and Whiskey? Are the Astronauts stuck in a Time Shift, leaving them in the prehistoric times, or have the Cavemen been transported onto the Intenational Space Station? If they are on land in prehistoric times, who has the highground.

I'm going with astronauts. New tech always wins over bruit force.

I disagree. If you look throughout history, there have been many times that a less advanced society kicked a far more advanced society's booty; or a less well armed mob defeated an organized army.

After the cavemen realized that the astronauts weren't Gods, they'd kick thier butts. Cavemen aren't adverse to killing for food or protection. They do it every day. The advanced society of the astronauts would be far removed from their killing. They would have many barriers in place to ensure that they didn't have to kill the steak they were used to eating. They would hesitate when the cavemen wouldn't.

strange question even for you homes - sadly I'll answer.

Depends like everything else on time and place. Man is a predator by nature. in a high technical situation skills and logic just raise the body count. You can't be any deader using tech weapons over a sharp stick.

Wicked1 - find Homz a new hobby or raise his dosage he's starting to scare us...

OK sorry Wicked1 and sorry I asked. That mental picture of Homz and his hobby will take strong meds or perchance therapy to pry out of my ID. So much for sleeping without waking in stark terror.

Not that I sleep either I remember that post also. So now I get to deal with all the horrid pictures in my mind and now I get add a "Ambien fueled Haze" if I remember your quote.

Your sharp minded and well named between your quick wit and Homz evident gentle open minded nature I bet arguments between you two or interesting to say the least

OK sorry Wicked1 and sorry I asked. That mental picture of Homz and his hobby will take strong meds or perchance therapy to pry out of my ID. So much for sleeping without waking in stark terror.

Not that I sleep either I remember that post also. So now I get to deal with all the horrid pictures in my mind and now I get add a "Ambien fueled Haze" if I remember your quote.

Your sharp minded and well named between your quick wit and Homz evident gentle open minded nature I bet arguments between you two or interesting to say the least

And I'm Irish...hehe. Yep, arguments can get very spirited around here whether it's a question of what's for dinner, why is the boy in trouble again, or who would win in a fight: Neils Bohr or Albert Einstein.

Who says education is overrated - Bohr vs. Einstein huh? Let's see the father of Theoretical Physics Vs. the Architect of the modern atom. I wonder if they could even have a fight by the time they had mapped out all the rules and discussed the long term impact of the cause vs. effect of what they might do to the continuum neither would have remembered why they were mad in the first place. And later after his work on the bomb Bohr was such a pacifist and working towards peaceful use of atomic energy I can't imagine him in a fight.

Archived