Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone get a new Gibson for Christmas? Or you plan on getting in 2022….

Hype

• Hype changed the title to Anyone get a new Gibson for Christmas? Or you plan on getting in 2022….

Guitar for Christmas?! Wow thats a thought. A thought that has never once occurred to me. 

My partner Cherry gave me a Christmas stocking with all my favourite stuff in there, but no guitar stuff. She wouldn't know where to start.

Last year she gave me guitar shaped chopping board. But that doesnt count does it... no

No plans for a Gibson next year. Unless of course they bring out a nylon model. 

Larsongs: That is a beautiful bass!

On 12/25/2021 at 5:48 PM, SteveFord said:

No, Santa did not bring me an ES-330 or an ES-355.

I'm not planning on one but you never know what might happen.

I loved the ES-330L Beale Street Blue released about 10 years ago….A proper 1959 ES-355 Stereo with the B7 Gold Bigsby and Varitone would be nice too…

On 12/26/2021 at 5:28 AM, viperocco said:

Greetings, I just got myself a 2021 SG standard and so far love it.

Surprised at how thin it is as I've never played one before. Fit and finish is flawless.

Very happy!

Congrats Viper! Hope you got a good deal for it.

I worked two jobs from spring till August. I saved every penny and in August I  bought my "dream guitar". August is pretty close to Christmas LOL so I guess it was my early Christmas present !!!! It's a 2021 Gibson Les Paul Standard. Here's a pic. Oh, I also bought a Fender Mustang GTX 50 modelling amp.

IMG_20211127_121107731.jpg

Edited by hotshot
spelling & forgot something
  • Like 4

On 1/1/2022 at 3:52 PM, Realmongo said:

I got one of the Inverness Green SG Specials from AMS.

SGSM.jpg

Nice. My dual humbucker SG Special was the best SG I have owned, and I also owned a Standard, a Faded, and another Special. 

I didn't even get a guitar pick.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 2

On 1/3/2022 at 2:07 PM, hotshot said:

I worked two jobs from spring till August. I saved every penny and in August I  bought my "dream guitar". August is pretty close to Christmas LOL so I guess it was my early Christmas present !!!! It's a 2021 Gibson Les Paul Standard. Here's a pic. Oh, I also bought a Fender Mustang GTX 50 modelling amp.

IMG_20211127_121107731.jpg

2021 ‘60’s LP Standard….Correct?

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Nice. My dual humbucker SG Special was the best SG I have owned, and I also owned a Standard, a Faded, and another Special. 

I didn't even get a guitar pick.

I got a guitar pick in my stocking but lost it during the cleanup.