Gibson Brands Forums

9 Days This Time

Brucebubs

35 minutes ago, ksdaddy said:

I can’t. There are zero restrictions on your account and I emailed you screenshots showing that. I have no idea why you are seeing that screen. 

I'm also completely blocked from sending you messages when this occurs - I must have sent over 40 messages using the 'contact us' you can see on the screen - I'm guessing they were not received?

This is the 2nd time this has happened - 1st time was much longer and I sent even more messages that were unanswered.

Edited by Brucebubs

8 hours ago, Farnsbarns said:

If you're not being banned at account level but still seeing this it looks like an IP level ban. Do you have a fixed IP address? If not, next time try unplugging your router and powering it up again, or switxhing to anotjer network (mobile etc) you'll be assigned a new IP address. Perhaps you use a vpn? If so, try turning g it off. The only other thing I can think of is a cookie issue. You could also try clearing cookies and cache next time it happens. 

Edit, this is all said on the assumption this is happening because of heavy handed automation. Not a guide to circumvent a ban and wouldn't work for an actual ban. 

Thanks for those suggestions - bear in mind not being able to log on to this site is very different to logging on and being told you are banned and ALL communication with the site is blocked.

If you get that message, in the top left corner is the static IP address, message me the IP address and I can tell if that IP address is associated with previously banned member. 

1. You are using a computer of a previously banned member.

2. (Hope this isn't the case). You were permanently banned and re-registered with a different email and username and tried to use the PC in which you were banned from.  

3. It could be a cookie issue, but not likely. A static IP address remains constant on all PC's. Those are the IP addresses that show up on every members post here.

• Like 1

It's not that random.... The Admin implemented some levers they can tell if the site has recently bad players trying to post from the same PC they were banned from under a different name.  

Certainly there can be glitches, and we have all seen them here. What I find strange is "bubs" prefix / suffix usernames have been tied to a specific banned member on three occasions.

Mr. Brucebubs seems like a nice member, so I'm just going to leave it here for now and hope he can get it resolved on his end. 

Good luck 

2 hours ago, duane v said:

What I find strange is "bubs" prefix / suffix usernames have been tied to a specific banned member on three occasions.

So if he de-bubs himself might that sort it out?

On 3/2/2022 at 3:26 PM, Brucebubs said:

Thanks for those suggestions - bear in mind not being able to log on to this site is very different to logging on and being told you are banned and ALL communication with the site is blocked.

And you weren't a bad boy? No clue!