Gibson Brands Forums

Acoustic no more.........

Buc McMaster

Yes, I have committed heresy and sold the last of my acoustic guitars..........Big Blue is off to different fingers.  i have contracted the rock-n-roll bug once again.  Been playing an open mic lately and met a drummer and bass player just last week with the intent of putting a band together for some scattered island gigs.........lots of places to play down here!  Over the last months I've put together a couple of electric rigs and am quite excited about making a run at reliving some days of my youth!  Ha!  A pair of Collings: a Statesman LC hollow body and a 290DC S in the style of the LP Jr.  Both terrific instruments!  A Mesa California Tweed (up to 40W) and a Fender Blues Jr LTD (15W) provide amplification.  

So maybe I'll pop in from time to time if I have something relevant to share......otherwise I'm off rockin' somewhere!

vs7zqUe.jpg

g6O1GjA.jpg

Edited by Buc McMaster

8 hours ago, Larsongs said:

I really like those Calif. Tweeds! Good choice my Man! What is that Semi Hollow F hole Guitar? Have a blast! Good luck with the Band..

You should still have an Acoustic Electric Guitar! Best of both Worlds.. 

It's a full hollow body.........Collings Statesman LC.  Removed the factory Bigsby and installed the trapeze tailpiece with a brass bar bridge; changed the pickups from Filtertrons to single coil TV Jones; changed the sealed gear machine heads to a set of keystones (it was head heavy).  Works like a champ and holds tune for days.

2 hours ago, Buc McMaster said:

It's a full hollow body.........Collings Statesman LC.  Removed the factory Bigsby and installed the trapeze tailpiece with a brass bar bridge; changed the pickups from Filtertrons to single coil TV Jones; changed the sealed gear machine heads to a set of keystones (it was head heavy).  Works like a champ and holds tune for days.

That sounds like an amazing Guitar setup & the Calif. Tweed is a perfect Amp.. That Setup should sound great with your Band.. Best regards!

Mesa/Boogie es muy bueno. I had a TA-15 lunchbox head from them. Gibson own Mesa now. I only hope Gibson leaves them alone and lets them keep doing what they always have. 

Made in beautiful Petaluma, California. I was stationed in Petaluma for 3 years when in the Coast Guard.

19 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Mesa/Boogie es muy bueno. I had a TA-15 lunchbox head from them. Gibson own Mesa now. I only hope Gibson leaves them alone and lets them keep doing what they always have. 

Made in beautiful Petaluma, California. I was stationed in Petaluma for 3 years when in the Coast Guard.

if it goes anything like the Trace Elliot acquisition, (aka Gibson Goldtone Amps)  I'd be working on a resume if I worked at Mesa Engineering.    I'd say if it aint broke,  maybe this time, don't fix it?