Gibson Brands Forums

Nashville

AnneS

Well here I am, getting set to participate in a songwriting workshop this weekend, hosted by the great Verlon Thompson. I understand Shawn Camp will be dropping by for a few hours tomorrow—we’re a small group of about 14, so I’m looking forward to some learning and playing, etc. Things will cap off Saturday eve with a class performance at Verlon’s venue, The Filming Station, with each of us getting a  video souvenir of our song.  Gulp! Better decide soon which song to do, I guess.

We’re also going to hang out at the CM Hall of Fame—I heard the Guy Clark exhibit is fabulous, and Verlon’s just the guy to experience that with.

Here, all the hotel art is photos of guitars, which amuses me. Anyway, I’ll report back if I make it big. 😁🤓

• Like 1

Tear 'em up, girl. I used to go down there often back when I was dabbling in some country. I played the Bluebird and Tootsies several times.

I've even busked on Broadway a few times, just for fun.

Spent the money on beer.

I used to drink some...

Best to ya!

• Like 1

https://youtu.be/SxJ_yMRaC98

Iphone capture of Verlon playing along with me on my song, Sweet Return, last Saturday. Huge treat for me, and I love watching his face as the song lands….

I believe I’ll eventually receive an ‘official’ version, but this’ll work…

Edited by AnneS
Corrections
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 11:53 PM, AnneS said:

Here, all the hotel art is photos of guitars, which amuses me. Anyway, I’ll report back if I make it big. 😁🤓

Sounds great, all in all. Report back whatever happens. 

Curious to know what such a gathering can teach you on your current did-not-begin-yesterday stage. In fact. . .