Gibson Brands Forums

Cost Of Progress (original from March 2020)

kidblast

this ones been around for a while,  I did the recording for a virtual open mic a friend ran during the begining of the pandemic

I've never posted it here, nor hardly anthing I've recorded

but.. well  here goes nothing. 

Edited by kidblast
  • Like 1

• kidblast changed the title to Cost Of Progress (original from March 2020)

Thank you guys, appreciate your time listening and commenting.

A melancholy tune for sure.

I'll never see this guitar Dan  I waited a long time to finally buy one of these beauties. 

Well worth the wait though.  There is just about no finer thing to do in a day than pick that up and play it.

I'll be sure to post some more.

• Like 1

That guitar is drop-dead gorgeous. In perfect lighting and background, I couldn't keep my eyes off of it. It would be nice to hear it with a good diaphragm mic out front. 'Not normally a lyrics guy, always more listening to the guitar and the playing (and appreciate seeing your fingerpicking 👍), but after what others have commented on, I went back and gave another listen or two- poignant, but well done.

Edited by 62burst

hey 'Burst   thanks for that,  used an EOS 77D dslr to record that.  

The odd part of the story about the day this was recorded,  March 26 2020.  At 1:30 am the next morning we woke up to find the house was on fire.    no joke.

It was a pretty crazy night,   That J200 came out with me before the Fire Department even got there, and they got there quickly. 

Actually, I got 8 guitars out till I stopped going back for more.  My wife Deb begged me to not go back in.  She was right, that was crazy!  Smoke was really bad by then.   I didn't breathe right for a few days after that.   Had to leave the rest in a closet that was fortunately not near the fire,  but  the smoke damage in that part of the house was really bad.   That closet saved everything I could not take out.

The guys from fire department were incredible.  They save our home, but there was quite a bit of damage done.  We were out of there for 10 months, but rebuilt the house and moved back in January 13th 2021.   Good times...  gooooooood times!! 🥴

Edited by kidblast

On 10/2/2022 at 6:26 AM, Murph said:

Mighty fine.

thank you for listening Ben!  

On 10/6/2022 at 11:04 AM, Lars68 said:

Absolutely awesome!!! Somehow missed this thread until now. I won't miss the next song you post!

Lars

Lars, thanks for the kind words as well.  I don't post much so--- easy to miss my meager offerings!  🎻

On 10/14/2022 at 6:51 PM, kelly campbell said:

Ray, I agree with all the above. Nice song great tone on the guitar.   Nice vocals..Post more.Thanks

23 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Made my day.

Whitefang

thanks guys.  appreciate the + feed back and the time you took to listen.

👍