Gibson Brands Forums

How soon will Gibson (or some other company) will start building these?

Whitefang

Known as a PIKASSO guitar (yes, that's the correct spelling). 

a-pikasso-guitar

Here's Metheny playing one

Whitefang

33 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I double dog dare Gibson to make that. If I have to pull the trump card and go to triple I will.

Chief,

Of course they will. Only thing holding them back right now is figuring out where they'll place the three pickguards with all the birds engraved on them.

RBSinTo

some years ago, there was a museum exhibit called "Dangerous Curves"

We went when it was in Boston at the Museum of Fine Arts.  It was a traveling exhibit with guitars going back to the beginnings of guitar.

This particular instrument was on display in that exhibit. 

Edited by kidblast
  • Like 1

Just now, kidblast said:

We went when it was in Boston at the Museum of Fine Arts.  It was a traveling exhibit with guitars going back to the beginnings of guitar.

I saw a guitar exhibit in a museum in Mobile several years back. I wonder if it was the same one.

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I saw a guitar exhibit in a museum in Mobile several years back. I wonder if it was the same one.

yea, maybe it was,  It was maybe 20+ years ago when that came to Boston.  

here's a link to the book that you could buy.  (I have one as a matter of fact)  Publish date says 2000.

Dangerous Curves : The Art of the Guitar by Darcy Kuronen 1st Edition 2000 | eBay

15 hours ago, OrdinaryNimda said:

It would be really nice, if Gibson made some new E-175 or/and L5 hollowbodies.  

OrdinaryNimda,

Well, if we're gonna engage in generalized wishin' and hopin' about this or that company building new old stuff,

it would be really nice if Martin made some new n-20s, and slope-shoulder, slotted headstock D-18s, and D-28s.

RBSinTo

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, kidblast said:

I saw something called that, but it was a bit different. 

Actually I didn't, but I'm subbing for Bill here

Edited by Pinch
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, RBSinTo said:

OrdinaryNimda,

Well, if we're gonna engage in generalized wishin' and hopin' about this or that company building new old stuff,

it would be really nice if Martin made some new n-20s, and slope-shoulder, slotted headstock D-18s, and D-28s.

RBSinTo

The thing is, all these top-tier guys know the market and its demands. It would not be good for a manufacturer, to make some new (or modified) guitar series at volume, and then find out, that no one wants to buy them. So we just have to accept that reality and buy up all the models that are available. And hope for more in the future.
#NewYearResolutions

50 minutes ago, OrdinaryNimda said:

The thing is, all these top-tier guys know the market and its demands. It would not be good for a manufacturer, to make some new (or modified) guitar series at volume, and then find out, that no one wants to buy them. So we just have to accept that reality and buy up all the models that are available. And hope for more in the future.
#NewYearResolutions

OrdinaryNimda,

I don't think anyone seriously believes that any of their wish list instruments will suddenly become widely available to the general public (except of course as one-offs on special order), but this is an exercise in "wouldn't it be nice if...", so the sky is the limit.

RBSinTo

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RBSinTo said:

OrdinaryNimda,

I don't think anyone seriously believes that any of their wish list instruments will suddenly become widely available to the general public (except of course as one-offs on special order), but this is an exercise in "wouldn't it be nice if...", so the sky is the limit.

RBSinTo

OK.  So, wouldn't it be nice if Gibson built quality guitars and sold them at affordable prices?  [wink]

Whitefang

Just now, Whitefang said:

OK.  So, wouldn't it be nice if Gibson built quality guitars and sold them at affordable prices?  [wink]

Whitefang

I said that once or twice here and usually I get laughed at for doing it. And get told if you can afford a Gibson there are Epi's out there for the poor man.

• 3 weeks later...