Gibson Brands Forums

What is this beautiful gibson???

Enzo66000

Hello everyone My name is Enzo i am french and sorry for my english ,

I have a lot of guitar and specially gibson LesPaul , Recently i have buy this one in a market to a person who doesn't know about guitars (out of the attic).

Someone know this model , beacause i have made a lot of research on the net and I did not find anything.

It look like SG stereo 1970/1972 she is from those years.

The lutherie is incredible as a beautiful custom even superior.

Someone can help me ? Please for other information . The serial number is 673105

Thank you bye !

1673945907414.jpg

1673945927714.jpg

1673945946923.jpg

1673945969717.jpg

1673945994273.jpg

• Thanks 1

Definitely a Gibson LPC with a custom made "Recording" control plate. Looks like someone may have added the abalone, or it could have a been custom made one-off. Gibson did use abalone fret markers and on the headstock on early 70's L5S

But the guitar is a Gibson for sure. 

The more unusual LP I've seen, but a handsome one nonetheless.  But I'm just chiming in with an opinion on it's looks.  I'm really not "expert" enough to venture a guess on it's actual heritage(pun not intended).

But I'll second that welcome to the forum, Enzo.  [smile]

Whitefang

14 minutes ago, jdgm said:

Why does the TRC say Les Paul Standard?  Worth a look beneath.

As there is no back plate the guitar was made this way...?

It seems to be all maple...?    A one-off I think.

First who can't go to ebay, and buy a LP Standard TRC?  Second, yes pics of under the TRC would help. Third, I think like a Strat, its all accessible and the wiring done under the plastic plate. Forth it may be all maple. And finally fifth, if real it could be a one off. Fakes can be damn good by those sneaky Chinese. Here is a LP Recording, and it has no control cover on the back. But is the one we are are talking about real? If the binding looks like it was scrapped by a Zombeaver, then yes its real.

https://reverb.com/item/64958916-1970-s-gibson-les-paul-recording-walnut-electric-guitar-w-vintage-gibson-hard-case-used-made-in-the-usa

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

33 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

First who can't go to ebay, and buy a LP Standard TRC?  Second, yes pics of under the TRC would help. Third, I think like a Strat, its all accessible and the wiring done under the plastic plate. Forth it may be all maple. And finally fifth, if real it could be a one off. Fakes can be damn good by those sneaky Chinese. Here is a LP Recording, and it has no control cover on the back. But is the one we are are talking about real? If the binding looks like it was scrapped by a Zombeaver, then yes its real.

https://reverb.com/item/64958916-1970-s-gibson-les-paul-recording-walnut-electric-guitar-w-vintage-gibson-hard-case-used-made-in-the-usa

You mean "scraped". LOL

• 2 months later...
On 1/17/2023 at 1:12 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

I tried picking one of those up once. Literally!