Gibson Brands Forums

The Northern Lights

IanHenry

Great Pics!

I’ve lived in So Cal since I was 10 but I was born in Minnesota.. We lived in the Twin Cities.. My Grandarents & some of my Cousins lived in northern part of the State.. Sometimes when we’d drive up to visit during the holidays we would see those Northern Lights.. They were Spectacular!!!

A friend phoned me and told me to look out for the Northern Lights. 

I went outside but I'm in a dip, it was cloudy so....nope.

Tonight Jupiter and Venus are in conjunction and it's still overcast so I can't see that either.  But tomorrow may be better.

Edited by jdgm

My friends niece's husband ( how's that for a few degrees of separation?) had an aggressive form of cancer. He was a very active young guy, so he wasn't going to sit around moping waiting to die. One of the things they did before he passed was to go to Norway and view the Northern Lights. It was literally on his bucket list.

19 hours ago, jdgm said:

A friend phoned me and told me to look out for the Northern Lights. 

I went outside but I'm in a dip, it was cloudy so....nope.

Tonight Jupiter and Venus are in conjunction and it's still overcast so I can't see that either.  But tomorrow may be better.

I here ya.  Back when I was a kid, after seeing the movie THE ADVENTURES OF MARK TWAIN ('44)on TV I went about trying to find out the next possible spotting of Halley's comet.  Well, I pinpointed it sometime in the early years of the 21st century.  And during the time frame we were supposed to be able to see it, It was really overcast too.  But I was able to get a few good shots of Hale-Bopp a few years earlier.

Whitefang