Gibson Brands Forums

Canadian Smoke

Mr. Gibson

Nope.  Just couldn't see what I was doing through all this smoke!  [biggrin]

Obviously, this 99.8 fever is taking a toll. I can't take aspirin so I take Tylenol as a fever reducer.  My temp will go down some, but doesn't do anything for the overall"blah"  feeling.  I appreciate your pointing that out.

Whitefang

38 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Obviously, this 99.8 fever is taking a toll. I can't take aspirin so I take Tylenol as a fever reducer.  My temp will go down some, but doesn't do anything for the overall"blah"  feeling.  I appreciate your pointing that out.

Whitefang

Oh cause you never point out when I or someone else uses a word incorrectly or spells it wrong. There is always Motrin.

• Upvote 2

Oh, the fesh.  Those things can really jump when they're hooked.  

I didn't realize the smoke had reentered this area the other day and went for a motorcycle ride and why am I getting all this crap in my eyes?

I just went out for a short walk to buy some milk with my crazy old man N95 mask on and it's the same crap in the eyes, it's friggin' soot particles. 

A young girl rung up my purchase and I got to thinking,  we're leaving these kids a broken world to live in.  We were warned in the 80s when the ozone layer had the big hole in it but we just kept on going.

Edited by SteveFord

13 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Whitefang

by the way Ken,  How is the smoke up there? That Mackinac Island tour for September still hasn't canceled and Iv'e wondered how bad the smoke was there? Of course its still 3 months away. 

10 hours ago, Retired said:

by the way Ken,  How is the smoke up there? That Mackinac Island tour for September still hasn't canceled and Iv'e wondered how bad the smoke was there? Of course its still 3 months away. 

Down here in the Detroit area it doesn't look to be as bad as they're trying to tell us it is.  Not to me anyway.  appears to be the normal amount of hazefor the Downriver area I've seen since I was a kid.  And with three months to go I suspect(hope) by then the worst of it will have passed.  But that's no guarantee.

Whitefang

23 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Oh cause you never point out when I or someone else uses a word incorrectly or spells it wrong. There is always Motrin.

1.  Yes, I do point out whenever somebody uses the wrong word, or spelling of a word(like "to" instead of "too" etc.)And when I do the same I appreciate having it pointed out, and when it is, I find it best to be gracious instead of throwing a "hissy".

2.  I don't know how many times I've mentioned that because I take blood thinners(coumadin in this case) so therefore can't take aspirin,  Naproxin (Aleeve),  or ibuprofen( Advil, Motrin) But allowing you may not have been aware of that and you may have been just trying to help,  I also appreciate the suggestion.

Whitefang

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

I wonder if the Canadian Smoke is causing the Heat Wave most of the US is experiencing?   Blocking out the sun prevents the plants from cooling off the atmosphere?    Good thing the smoke isn't drifting towards the Polar Ice Cap.  

I think its called Summer. Happens every year on a cycle around this time. Its due to the Earth being tilted on an Axis and also that pesky old Sun that keeps up alive. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

24 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

I wonder if the Canadian Smoke is causing the Heat Wave most of the US is experiencing?   Blocking out the sun prevents the plants from cooling off the atmosphere?    Good thing the smoke isn't drifting towards the Polar Ice Cap.  

climate change is global and severe...